Progress report - September 2016

Discussion in 'News' started by Tama, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

It's time! Developers, post your progress for the past month, and your plans for the next, please.

2. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Began work on a BE Tank Destroyer. Pictures up soon!

I decided to take a break from the NF one... As I couldn't decide what to put on the tower.. I'm thinking railings and possibly an antenna?

BlackRedDead likes this.
  3. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Currently working on making it easier for server owners and players to download custom content.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  4. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

I've been trying to get my dev setup working on linux, so that I can do some profiling and fix linux specific issues and crashes. It's very slow though - I'm still moving, so I'll hardly be doing any Empires work at all until the end of October or so.

At the moment I'm figuring out the build system of the website, which uses Hakyll; you can see that the formatting is all off for the release notes, and there's a git tag in the main page that shouldn't be there. If you'd like to help me, you can just checkout our website from github, and see if you can compile it yourself.

Edit: It's not really a plan for the next month, but my next immediate goal after getting the website sorted is to make commanding doable on linux; zooming, giving targets, and rotating the view often or never work at the moment.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  5. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I've been super busy IRL, travelling back and forth between my new place in Germany and Australia to get shit sorted out so haven't had much time. I plan on spending a couple hours making some minor weapon icons and releasing any of the good shit I've made for my own enjoyment that hasn't been put into threads. Think of higher quality UI icons - revive, ammo request, repairs, medic, etc.

My empires dev time has slowed to a crawl though, and that won't change for a while, so any work done will be either small or emergency based. I also have no time to play Empires itself, and according to the playercounts nobody else does either, so PLEASE give feedback in one of my Art threads. I'm trying to be more active again and can spare some time checking them.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

outdated sticky.

vipervicki likes this.