Progress report - November 2016

Discussion in 'News' started by Tama, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

The release notes for the upcoming version

The progress reports aren't really working, so I'm going to change things a little.

The progress report thread will be open for the whole month that it covers; so I'm making the thread for December now, and you can post what you're currently working on in there, and what you've worked on the past month in here. I realise that it is very hard to think of what you did the past month, which is probably why very little was posted in these threads. My bad.

So, devs, please post what you've worked on this month and what you intend for the next. I will move this to news December 1st.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

At the beginning of November, I finished bugfixing and testing these 8 achievements;
    -Back from the dead
    -Drive me closer
    -Free market
    -Just in time
    -Never give up never surrender
    -Pacifist
    -Partybus

I then spent two weeks getting to grips with how bots work; basically you install botrix and a bunch of other custom code Misfire wrote. I plan to continue with that and post detailed instructions, and generally help with programmers who want to work on AI (which is fun fun fun, btw!). But anyway, I pretty much got stuck at spawning; they'd be hanging in the air doing nothing.

Edit: I also developed a way to push new script changes without having to build the whole game, bringing the time to release a script patch from about 3 hours down to 2 minutes; I used this system to release a "spike_scripts" steam branch, containing the work Spike has been doing in making wildly different weapons.

I'm currently working on the website a bit - there are some problems on small screen sizes, and some optimizations Google suggests that I should get around to. I'm learning Haskell in order to better utilize the Hakyll website system (did you know the site is open source and you can post a pull request if you want to improve the main page?). I also still need to localize those achievement strings, so that we can release them.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

If you want specific things done, like "test this on iPhones and iPads", just make an issue and mail me. Also, if you have questions about Hakyll, feel free to ask. I know the library pretty well.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

What I did:
    All new tank weapon sounds
    All new infantry weapon sounds
    New Building Ambience

What I will be doing December and on:
    New Voice overs for both factions
    Creating Scripts so if new recordings are needed in the future they are easily done
    Getting Ambient music lined up for the future.

You can check them out on the forums. Also, I need people doing voice stuff if anyone is interested.