Progress for 1.6?

Discussion in 'General' started by MuteDonkey, May 22, 2006.

1. MuteDonkey

MuteDonkey Member

I dont mean to be pushy as I understand how long this stuff takes, but I am just curious about any updates for 1.6? such as what is done, what is planned to be completed by patch release, and if patch release still slated for the upcoming weekend?

Another thing, how are the character hitboxes? Can we expect an adjustment to them?

Another idea, would it be possible to start a sort of community outsourcing program? Such as the devs listing small tasks which people may be able to help with? Although I understand if the devs wish everything to be entirely their work for legal/personal reasons or for the satisfaction of it all.
    Just a thought to help out development with any menial tasks....

Anyways, keep up the good work.

2. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Most menial tasks can be changed or done with simple scripting such as balance changes.

3. MuteDonkey

MuteDonkey Member

How about not such menial tasks such things as the hitboxes? I have seen a fair few people with modelling experience around the forums....

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

changelogs aren't usually posted till a day or so before release and we've still got till the weekend =P

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

1.06 will not be released this weekend. I will be on vacation. It will most likely be released the following weekend. There will be one new RTS map by Doobie titled Gauntlet. Weapon models are undergoing alterations, and rifles are getting iron sights. I'll include a full change list sometime soon. Tanks can rotate in place. Hitbox modifications and District modifications won't be in 1.06 as Duke has his hands full with the weapon modifications.

I'd appreciate help from the community with anything they can do such as model changes or new sound effects.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  6. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

the playerbase is quite adept at singeling out exploitable events thats been missed trough internal testing, id consider that a rather important contribution...

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

dont forget to send a postcard :D :P

8. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Blaphmous slave! How dare you leave your coding cage! *Whips.*
    loljk
    Have fun Krezo.

Mm... Iron Sights, and finally, REAL tank movement. But dog goneit, not fixing the Distric exploit :( Couldn't some small altereration fix this, like putting a random large box blocking the routes? I've played with mapping in HL1 and I think making a small wall could be pretty easy. And last, finally, hitboxes! Thank you!

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I have to go visit Washington DC to recharge my patriotism to make it through this last year stuck in the navy. :)

If you just want some small things changed in District, if you PM me a specific list of what to do I could do it myself.

10. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

The ironsights sound like an awesome feature. Also, adding a player clip box to the exploitable areas is a 2 second job.

11. Geogriffith

Geogriffith Master Debater and Conflict Resolutionist

Independantly moving treads? Yay!

12. jambo

jambo Member

sounds great !!

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Ironsights? :D, that'll be great, the Brenodi rifles could have those fancy reflex sights with that snazzy red dot in the middle, and the NF have some improvised sight made from popsicle sticks and a paper clip.

14. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

but the nf have mcgyver, if any help is needed making models i would love to help but i have 3ds6 and dont know the progy to convert whatever file it takes to get the models to import/export

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  15. Slasher

Slasher Member

I can help with the models, I use sxi mod tools and have exported my models into my game. I will like to help out

16. Geogriffith

Geogriffith Master Debater and Conflict Resolutionist

17. Jimather

Jimather Member

why dont you just mash buttons 1 - 4 ?