Problems with widescreens

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chico, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chico

Chico Member

Like on my laptop. The mod works very well on a widescreen resolution (ex : 1280x800), but the button that appears in the commander mode (Units, build, Factory, Research), don't work fine. I must click more on the right and a little higher to catch them.

But for radio commands pressing F, all seems to work ;)

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Could you make a screenshot and show the problem? Makes it easier for Krenzo.

3. Chico

Chico Member

here are the approximate zone where I left/right click to open the menu
    [​IMG]

4. 2TM

2TM Banned

dude this has happend sence 1.00 :D
    I have widescreen but cant use it for this game :(
    Ugh...

5. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Well, it's been fixed three times now. We'd still like to know if things aren't working.

6. meganegamev

meganegamev Member

I play the game in 1680x1050 with no issues.

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

My friend, Rampant Android, has this problem, too, as comm in 1680x1050.

8. Chico

Chico Member

We must find what is the difference that make it works with you meganegamev :p

Fist what is you hardware ?

9. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Maybe he just never comms.

10. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

Another thing I'd like to mention is that the some windows, the Buy Vehicle one in particular, is too big for the available screens size if you play on 800x600. I was playing on this to help my performance but I've gone to 1024x768 and I guess that size is ideal for the game.

Perhaps if you scaled the interface and windows according to the screen resolution you play at it might solve the widescreen problems too.

11. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

12. Chico

Chico Member

It works perfectly :)

13. Cu|prit

Cu|prit Member

I have a 1680x1050 widescreen and most everything works pretty well except fo r the Respawn points on the main map. After I select my 1st spawn point for a map, I no longer see spawn points displayed on the main map. Its kinda annoying because if I want to spawn at a new barracks or APC halfway through the game, I have to leave my team and sacrafice all my rank points.

Perhaps I just don't understand how the spawn system has changed, but I noticed this started happening after some of the Widescreen fixes.

Thanks for making the game I have been dreaming of since I played quake 1 and red alert. :D :eek: :cool:

14. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Do note that the map (default "M") and the spawnmap (default "Enter") are two different things. The first wont display spawnpoints.

15. Cu|prit

Cu|prit Member

I guess i should have reviewed the controls after my hiatus from 1.03 to 1.07. Thanks for kindly clarifying this for me. :o :)

16. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

I know this might be off topic slightly, but the game doesn't support smaller resolutions (normal, not wide-screen) very well. If I try playing in 800x600, the vehicle build window is a little bigger than the space needed. I tried playing in 640x480, and the game just crashes after selecting your faction.

I was hoping to play at lower resolutions to help my graphics performance. Right now I'm playing at 800x600 since the buttons on the construct vehicle window are just barely visible but not enough for you to be able to read them. I'll get you a screenshot in a minute to show you.

17. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

Here the screen shot of the vehicle construction page at 800x600. Although I can still push the buttons, I can't read what they say. This rather confused me when I first started playing the game.

[​IMG]

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

ya, had this prob too until i turned my resolution. it would be nice to play on 800x600

19. Straevaras

Straevaras Member

I do play on 800x600, since that's the only problem I see with the resolution, and I can still click the buttons at the button, you just can't read them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.