Probably gonna get slapped for asking this.

Discussion in 'General' started by Lumi, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Lumi

Lumi Member

But why isn't medic its own class?

I've been playing off an on since 1.9 and always wondered why both support roles were combined into one class. Where Medic and Engineer ever separate? Why not have Engineer split into Engineer and Medic? Medic can ranged heal and drop health creates and shit, and Engi is buffed at the stuff they already do.

2. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Healing and ammo dropping should be a scout ability IMO, 4 classes is enough for Empires already.

3. OuNin

OuNin Member

If the skills of building and healing were mutually exclusive, it would be significantly more difficult for anything to get done.

That's why the DICE combined pairs of their eight original Battlefield classes into the four you see in Bad Company.

Simply put, you would need more people to be as effective as you are now. That also pigeonholes people into very specific roles when class switching isn't always available.

Infantry are very weak against vehicles and splitting the classes up would only result in the game becoming a chore.

at the most basic level: more power = more fun

4. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

I'd rather want to have the scout be given a support and infiltrator role. However, not the kind where it drops health and ammo boxes.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

scout dropping ammoboxes so u can go hunt the comm on your own?
    at least would fit the perceived roll of the scout - lone wolf wannabe pro but all in all quite useless in comparison ...

6. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

You keep saying the scout is "useless" and "not worth worrying about" when reality shows quite the contrary.

Scouts can succesfuly sabotage and take down entire bases, crippling the enemy team if the other team does not notice.

Scouts can take out key targets during the early game with their scout rifle: a good sniper can take out enemy engineers and support classes, making it impossible for the enemy team to capture a certain area(See canyon, duststorm, mvalley, ect.); I myself have done that plenty of times.

It may right now not be a class that requires teamwork(which I don't like), that doesn't mean that the scout is useless; repeating it does not make it true.

7. flasche

yes its not completely useless i agree, stunstickies are a reason to play scout, ...
    ... everything else can be done way more efficient with the least amount of teamwork.

oh and i forgot, they are the only counter to snipers ofc :rolleyes:

so all in all, scouts are annoying at best.

and, though i doenst understand it, it seems to make kids think they somehow are good players.
    its damn easy to play scout, i just feel soooo incredibly useless compaired to what i could archieve with any other class, so i never play it.
    maybe on money some times to fuck around, but thats it ...

the infiltrator aspect of the scout is basically nice, but would need a lot of tweaking. hide and sabotage-bleed are just shit mechanics of annoyance since there is only so little you can do to take precautions but go clean up after the scunt - or is it fun to keep following the jeep to repair the refs over and over again for engies do you think?

the rambo way, the one with teamwork, where you do your scout tricks together with a team is awesome. i think its this aspect of the class should be more distinct - hide is counterproductive, so is the building bleed for sabotage.

i completely ignore the scout rifle for once since i think its the most retarded move to put such a distinct long range weapon (with hitscan, so really -1 skill for this) in a game with lots of plain open ground.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  8. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

Engineers can not sneak past turret farms and destroy an entire base without being noticed.

Rifleman, while even though they have their HR, are often unable to take out distant targets; targets that a decent scout with SR is able to hit easily.

9. flasche

if a single scout can archieve that, its incredibly overpowered and desperately needs a nerf.

but dont worry, i disagree anyway, all you actually can archieve is to annoy the enemy. you can only take out bases that are unused - so way behind the enemy lines and quite pointless - as soon as ppl spawn they will notice you and you are dead.
    if the comm stays in the base, he probably will notice a sabbed building, build an apc and you are dead too ...

so all you did is to keep 1-2 guys from playing the game by making them play hide and seek with you. how skilled, im impressed.

its a broken mechanic, thats all. it turns out to be effective, since you disrupt the gameplay of 2-3 guys in a very shitty way, but it is what it is one of the shittiest gameplay elements in this game ...

... an annoyance.
    cool, play sniper2-imsopro. i dont care about the metagame you want to play. if only scouts can counter scouts - and this is the case due to the openness of empires maps, there shouldnt be scouts ...

10. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

I did not say I like the way it works now if that is what you insinuate; but saying that sabbing all of the enemy refs and some of their abandoned bases which might have been useful in the future had they not been sabbed(including preventing your own team from capturing that location) is not effective is simply not true; it's quite the contrary.

Maybe you could stop insinuating that just because I abuse the very fact that scunts can only be countered by other scunts means that I would not like it to be changed.

I will keep abusing the overpowered nature of scunts in early games until the scout rifle is either removed or seriously nerfed(Or other weapons like the NFHR or BEHR buffed).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  11. flasche

case rested ...

12. communism

communism poof

You keep doing that.
    I know most of the empires community have been asking for scout nerfs the past 3 years, do the devs even play???????????????????

13. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I made that argument a few months ago when the devs were having trouble making other classes more important (uber e-build was their solution at the time). If they can find a modeler and get more new weapons (*crosses fingers on shotgun), there may be more incentive to make another class.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I've always loved the idea of the weaker rifles having some sort of underslung shotgun attachment. Sexy.

15. Krazer

Krazer Member

Scout is good in PuB games where everyone is bad.

Zygoth has never been in a scrim between clans though where the game is played closer to the original intention.

And where Scouts are utterly and completely useless.

16. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

And who says that? Just because I am not a clanner(I have only be in 1 clan once) does not mean that I haven't played in scrims.

17. FN198

FN198 Member

you don't want to end up like flasche, blizzerd or chris and be bad at making suggestions because you're bad at the game (you want to be more like predator, or werrihukka or whatever his name is). there comes a time in your empires tour where you have to actually get good at the game, ie, way past the point where you would be qualified to join CW. once you get there, join a clan: meg/epic/|.\\. once you're in a clan try to learn as many new tricks/things as your clanmates can teach you. then, if you're good enough you'll be put on a scrim roster.

standard empires scrims are extremely intense high stress matches that will, after your second or third trip, change your perspective on the game.

no other game offers a competitive scene quite like it.

18. flasche

yes fn, you are somewhat decent at a computer game, you are a true hero.
    i gratulate you ...

at least i have no problems with my self, so i dont have to go around an tell everyone how good i am at ...
    ... a COMPUTERGAME bwahahahahaa

my hero <3

19. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Well, this is a forum for a video game so being good at it should improve your e-peen/make you cooler.

Also this
    is the truth, no matter how arrogant it may sound high level matches/scrims really make you look at the game differently.

20. communism

communism poof

this makes so sense? scouts usually end scrims