Prevent friendly vehicles from re-entering the VF to prevent griefing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Beerdude26, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Just posting this so I don't forget to add this. I'm certain some assholes will try this.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

How to do this except using invisible walls? Will you raise the ramp like it was at one time thus preventing all vehicles from entering?

3. Beerdude26

I'm thinking of just checking if the vehicle has exited the vehicle factory after being built (you know how vehicles get boosted out of the VF after being built? That's also to counter griefing) and setting a boolean. When the vehicle tries to drive into it again, apply a force via code to push it back.

Assholes will probably still be able to block the entrance by standing in front of it, but at least vehicles can still be built. Just like engineers can't build walls directly in front of a VF, it's still possible to encircle it as long as you're far away enough.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, this is just a good idea. I can't imagine anyone getting butthurt over it.

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

While I won't be buthurt about it, it seems counter intuitive. I would rather the ramps be raised up so nothing can enter unless you jump in somehow... then you deserve to be in.

Since we don't want to edit models... just have the code raise the base of the building a few pixels when placing it down.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Umm Im sure this is a problem, but ive never seen anyone abuse it really.

What it would do though, is make tanker unable to do jack about enemies running inside the vf, therefore im not so sure about that one. No offence, but this seems like really short sighted feature adding we had a long time ago.

7. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I agree, while it may be a problem I feel the potential fixes are as bad as the problem itself.

And yeah I've never seen anybody actually do this.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

nobody really does this. its just gonna look real weird

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Of all the things...this doesn't happen very often. What I've seen more often is vehicle spam and the vf littered with vehicles than people driving back in to grief it.

And yeah, enemies get into everything. But sometimes it's kinda cool to drive into the enemy vf. Just that NF's has an exit and BE's doesn't, which is another negative point on the NF side.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I haven't really seen this happening before to be honest.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

If this is added where will com's hide during sudden death?

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Only friendly vehicles are prevented?
    1: When I build my vehicle, I can stop it from being pushed out in the first place, that pushing force is not even remotely enough.
    2: What if I want to drive into VF and to run over the enemies inside/to stop an enemy vehicle from leaving?
    These are not rare cases btw.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  13. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

They won't. QQ.

14. Beerdude26

Ehh if no one feels it's an issue I just won't spend time on it, let's just hope no one tries to grief this way :p

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I did that several times but I wasn't griefing, we were extremely low on resources and I was keeping newbs from getting vehicles before me.

16. Empty

Empty Member

Make sure commanders can still hide int he VF because the NF commander hiding inside the VF as a commbunker on sudden death is like my favourite feature.

It fits so damn well.

17. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I don't think this is much of an issue. Allowing the com "kill" ability to kill griefing newbs might be a solution. Although Spike would surely abuse it. But an increased PUSH force to force new vehicles to roll out would be nice, especially if they could push vehicles stacked in front of it. So a micro-managing com can push out a line of the vehicles you will hate to drive :) Go Spike.

What would be UBER cool is to allow the com to remote control deliver vehicles to the front line. Com builds a vehicle from com view - selects while it's still in the rax and choose a location with waypoints. That would change the game since it would enable delivery of spawn points and heavies to nubs.

More important is our not being able to spawn in rax's on full games. Can't we spawn like on a flag map - in various location around the rax, when the rax is full of ppl ?

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's actually an interesting idea. Would be enlightening to see how it works if you can only spawn say like 4 people actually inside the rax, and the rest get put outside. I don't know if that'd be so great if people were spamming the rax with nades and mortars, but maybe it could open up a field of secondary defense structures, or auxiliary cover.

Actually, flasche and firewarrior are redoing the buildings so maybe that's something they could take into account...

19. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I would use this exclusively to distract the enemy. Or just send a line of unmanned APCs into their base.

This isn't half bad, especially considering a certain glitch that can prevent anybody from spawning in the BE rax as it currently is.

20. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

You know it ! And it would be hysterical. Which vehicles actually have ppl in them? Obviously the APC's wouldn't fire as they approached the base, but it would certainly remove the need for barracks. Anyway - it would be a different game and surely prone to abuse. Although for ONE MAP It would be fun. Once the opposing com learned of the path he would just put up walls, or grens mines would be much more effective since no vehicle would have defusal.

Maybe a map with high roadways where you can put a VF on top of the hill and just spawn vehicle after vehicle down the hill. And that will cost you the game due to shitting away resources. But still hysterical.

Anyway - clearly this is doing as we do best and pushing this thread off topic.