Premature games.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Ermm ok!, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

Ok guys n gals

you all know what i mean.

Your roxoring away in your combat attack jeep , its full of cool dudes with rocket guns.

Then all of a sudden out of no where YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED / ARE VICTORIUS. WTF is going on here?

Well what just happend is some douchebag engineer and his friend Captin douchebag just drove upto your com vehical in a jeep and plonked down an ML turret and a box of ammo. WOOOAHHH SERIOUS STRATERGY THERE DOUCHEBAGS.

Personally i think this sort of lame ass game ending stratergy should be prevented by doing somthing cool and slapping down lame ass douchebags.

Seriously tho , on a serious note here. This type of game is no fun. You get settled into a game , its fairly balanced then Bluuuarweerrghhhhh some russian guy with a dodgy accent is breaking up all the fun and all you get to look at is the score bored and aload of douche bags saying "WTF WOAHHH PWNED I TOTALLY ML TURRET / GRENADE SPAMMED YOUR CV"

Ok , the douchebags amoungst you will be saying WOOOAHH Douchebag why didnt you defend your base? The answer is there are too many douchebags on public servers , sometimes the main base gets left behind and the douchebag in the comm jeep gets carried away placing walls and turrets somewhere else and by the time hes finished spelling his name in ML / MG turrets somewhere remote on the map his douchebag brains have been exploderated by grenade spam and an ML turret.

Ok no arguing now , i dont understand how anyone can enjoy this kind of play its really frustrating. Lets all just agree its bad and make the devs change it , possibly by driving jeeps into there houses.

TEAM DOUCHEBAG RULES!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  2. Chew

Chew Member

ya ya

3. OutlawFurey

OutlawFurey Member

something tells me you like the word douchebag

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

well it can always be explained

ill explain 2 games with you guys where it happened

one where i was comm and we got ninjad.
    Well it wasnt defended and i forgot to move the cv, easy as that, my fault for not thinking about it (i have my reasons why i forgot but not that important)

second was when I ninjad the cv.

Well i just walked around the map, you guys did not have a single mg or whatever defending your base, i waited a few secs till everyone stormed out of base and ninjad it with ease.

Why? Because there was no other way for us to win, the real reason is proby balancing issues, and tbh most games I play are like this, it has to be turretspam or arty or ninja, why, because the games are or too short to get some research or too long where all your money goes into trying to defend whatever you have by the cheapest resources you have because you have low income.
    Ending in the very cheap turretspam, which actually isnt that cheap because you couldnt research anything because of it or get some good tanks rolling, but hey who would trust their team with an expensive tank that could be spent on 20 mg turrets and 10 ml turrets, or in a case of an heavy, 20 ml turrets and 18 mg turrets, level3 ofcourse.

And not only that, people do not realise the big leaks they leave in their defence, but because some actions are very powerfull right now they can still win because of that.
    I think the research tree as it is right now works the other way around, people can get to the most powerfull things in 5 mins, and can have them all in 10 to 15 mins, there doesnt need to be any real strategy involved because everything breaks down to is your whole team competent, if both teams have incompetent team (7 out of 10) then everything stands or falls on the right person with the right weapons

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  5. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Geeze, you're obsessed with femine hygen products, aren't you?

I agree though, Ninja wins/losses are unfullfilling. If I'm going to loose, I want to watch as my CV goes down with the bodies of both teams surrounding it as it is pounded with rockets, greandes, and calculators. If, if I'm going to win, I want to have my team surronding their base, watching as every exposive weapon we have is launched towardss their CV, weapons firing to take down what ever resistance they are showing.
    Not some random, "Guys with wussy ninjas win!" That's why I concider that kind of lose a win and that kind of win a lose.

I have no idea how to fix it though, give the CV MGs/MLs and then it could be whored, of course, that'd be risky, but to have it effective at anti-ninja <cencored>s, then it would be effective in combat.
    Maybe weak MGs/MLs and a warning system that will detect any enemys within Lvl3 turret range...
    Maybe, even go the way of NS and have a button a commander under attack can push and have their team spawn near the CV.

6. theBlind

theBlind Member

If you can't defend your base, you deserve everything you get.

Think about it this way - in these games, there are two primary strategies - rush and buildup.
    A well-exectued rush will kill a buildup before it really starts (or get a serious headstart in terms of terrain).
    So, what is the counter to a rush? A single grenadier that kills your CV.

This is *not* go-out-and-frag CS.
    This is about teamwork and planning. If you can't plan for the eventuality of a ninja, well then you made a serious mistake and you are paying the price.

Oh and if no-one on your team wants to take the duty of defending and building your base but you worry about a ninja, well guess who just drew basebuilding duty?

7. dizzyone

and for these reasons i want to withdraw my opinion about buildlimit being a bad idea, for now its seems to be a god bless since games can be far too chaotic without it.

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

My only comments are that infantry rockets should have a max flight time, the comm tanks hull should have more health/be more resistant to the engi kit, and having the comm tank unbuilt should send out a warning.

Other than that, do a better job defending your base.

9. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

i agree with dizzyone for once. All thought he is a total douchebag for using this technique he is right ;)

People are relying too heavily on "big" guns and cheap tactics which are available too early on in the game , instead of using skill and stratergy.

Whats needed really is a good brainstorm on what needs balancing to make the game more playable. And as the mod is still in its infancy im sure this will come in good time.

Theres nothing wrong with any of the tactics mentioned come to think of it , its just the technology applied is a bit lame. Rushing your apponants base is perfectly acceptable , but being able to run right upto it and build turrets is lame.

Ninja`ing a CV is also acceptable , providing a small group can doit without the aid of an infintite supply of grenades or an AI controlled rocket launcher.

Weapons such as the artillery tank should reflect the amount of time and money put into them , and as it stands i think it should take alot longer to get arti and nukes.

What id really like to see is a bigger middle game , not just a rapid jump from opening moves to a sudden death.

10. dizzyone

yeh it just seems to bit of a ping pong effect

(what im going to say here is not how i feel about it, its just how most games seem to go and what most people think about it)
    nf teams riflemen dont do the job, commander goes for level3 first, uses them offensively in combination of engineers, because why would you go riflemen if you can kill easier with the engineer smg and actually build turrets offensively.
    Then you have the BE that can basicly only respond by also making level3 turrets and use them offensively, since tanks are just too much of an risk and cost a lot of money which in a lot of cases you dont have.
    its just a very annoying cycle because people still want to win and these are the only options they have in an incompetent team or incompetent commander. I see this happen a lot and you just get caught up in the action and have to follow no matter how boring it actually is.

Then you end up with one team having no ground, except their base and loads of turretspam, they arent winning but they can pump out tanks to try and do something, and the winning team that cant really go trough the spam, also would be a bit unfair to keep the game going too long, so arty would be the best option to cut trough the turretspam defence and end it.

The cv might have low health, compared to every other game (ta and ns, the ones i know) and how it usually ends up, one light tank pwning the crap out of the cv 5 minutes ingame, or 4 mines and 3 mortars, or one ml built by engineer.
    But forcing these changes would only make a leaking defence more bulletproof and sending everyone more into a lost battleground of turretspamming, grenadespamming, scout sniping and be ar raping team covered by arty and a few light weights, and like 5% fair tank battles. Ofcourse I like this game still because I have had enough good experiences to know better but the average game seems to end up in the same ol laming because people are forced into it.

edit: and I find that this is one of the things i would actually want to read a full 5 page article about from the devs, i know thats not going to ahppen, even if it would be something probly just the same amount as falconX just did. I could also just be ranting on and not giving any actual facts that matter in anyway or need to be cleared up because of the plans the devs have, I still would like to read some feedback on the matter (not to discuss neccesarily)

edit2: sry for raiding your thread abit, but for me right now and for other people too ninja'ing is the only way to still win a game that was decided after 5 minutes

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  11. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Ninjaing is always a lame way to end a game.

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Although it is mighty funny to see a command vehicle go up 20 feet into the air.

13. OutlawFurey

OutlawFurey Member

I remember the first time I went ninjaing... it was very rewarding to see the command vehicle totally roll over, except it went back onto it's wheels x.x

14. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

It's fun to ninja a comm but sucks when yours gets ninja'd.

15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

What's keeping the com from moving the tank behind a building?

16. Revolver

Revolver Member

Moving comm, paying attention, I don't know, even someone spawning in base could've walked past the CV. Lord knows I do it every once and a while.

Irritates me when people suggest game changes because they aren't playing well.

17. OutlawFurey

OutlawFurey Member

bah, my luck is that I can't really stay behind and defend the base. Everytime I think to do that, the rest of my team is taking their sweet time getting out and capturing res nodes. And of course, when I go out to cap resnodes, everyone else does it and we have a chance of being ninjaed -_-;

18. Jn.

Jn. Member

Maybe give the CV player controlled ML and MG guns that require him/her to get out of comm view and can only be used at base, maybe within a certain radius of a barracks???? Eh what the hell am I talking about I am so tired.

19. Chahk

Chahk Member

If you leave the Comm Vehicle unattended and/or allow enemy to get close enough to ninjaneer it, while the entire team (including the Comm) pays no attention to the "Commander is under attack!" prompt, then your team deserves to lose the round. Period.

20. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

the com tank should come with (or be able to buy) some sort of weaponry. something that is anti personel and antitank, but not anti building, either bio mg or plasma mg comes to mind.

by the way, douchebag was used 11 times in the first post.