Prefab Structures

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by polaski, Feb 24, 2008.

1. polaski

polaski Member

With air units comming into play soon I thought since the apc is a mobile mini barrack/armory, I thought it would be nice if as a drop ship pilot it would be cool to drop a VF. Ok I seeyou going wtf right now but here is how it would work in my mind, hopfully in game too. A smart commander would have at least 1-2 dropships on station. The comm would place down a minniture VF by a air pad(assuming its gonna work like 0.2) it would be pretty cheep and build up to med tanks the dropship picks it up and flys off to an apc and drops a building a about the same size as the NF barrack if the second floor was knocked off. Now you going why would i need a building like that when I can pop down the real thing and spam heavies, well somtimes stealth is required for a victory. Also the the foward VF gets blown up and that base is under siege well youll need a way to pop out tanks that wont waist res on the giant VF that has "SHOOT ME" written all over it. We could give it a second job while were at it paradrop refit station(with no repairs and rearming)?

Pros: easyer to hide, costs less than real thing, you can leave it in base packed up for that rainy day, gives the dropship pilot somthing else to transport, refit tanks?

Cons: "insert developers job here plus meybe a community members' (depending on who is gonna pick up the ball)", no comm wants to think about that rainy day in game, gives the dropship pilot somthing else to transport, doesn't pop out heavies/apc/AA/artillery(I did apc couse I dont want this thing to be a complete replacement for in field VF just a support building like the secondary radar that are placed all over the field)

Alternitives: give it wheels........jk, other than not doing it I cant think of any

2. petemyster

petemyster Member

you can't make a VF smaller and expect it to build heavies. This idea sounds horrible (sorry), but carrying around buildings (which to make it smaller, would have to be the size of a heavy tank) would look quer. Rofl give it wheels, now that's something i can go with :D

3. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

What about if it can only be used to make Level 1 things?

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Im the only one that thinks that at least one year passes til planes come
    into play?

5. petemyster

petemyster Member

nooo.... i wake up each morning screaming "TODAYS THE DAY 3.0 IS RELEASED!" and then rush to my computer before school

6. polaski

polaski Member

I was only thinking about how the apc was was a barracks and a armory combined with wheels and weapons. Once we get air units its gonna pretty much be a better spawn point at times than the barracks seeing as the BE barracks is pretty easy for a bomber to hit and the NF one you could end up crashing into it if your a blind BE pilot lol. So we could stick an apc under some trees and plop a VF next to it only to be easily spotted due to the VF size. The comm still is quite involved in the inital stages. Also some other buildings would be nice we already have mini radars. I'd also like to hot drop a bunker. Since the dropship is gonna be a support unit im trying to post stuff to make it very supportive to the team since the comm cant place stuff in every situation this is a way for him to still place a building while enemies are in the location that he wants placed.

P.S. what does tl;dr mean im not fluent in IM

7. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I like it but it would be a lot of work. Also it should only be able to build lv1 tanks (mabe 2xCost cus its a small outpost and supplys not as good, could be a good balance?)

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

learn to read.

9. Noskillz & Nokillz

Noskillz & Nokillz Member

dropping buildings from the sky sounds good, especially if they do area damage around the drop zone... I can see squashing heavy tanks with vfs falling from the sky