Potential Scout Roles

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by RoboTek, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Noah_cub

Noah_cub Member

ok heres my thoghts

now i do LARP ( Live Action Roleplay ) and i genraly play as a scout/ranger
    now as a scout i tend to ware light armout and small weapons
    why so i can move faster and more quitely

my main job ... to go on ahead of the main groupe an see whats ahead an report back

so posibilty of giveing the scout an advanced radar/camra that can see Vehicle an tropes but have a shouter range then the engers seprate types but can build 4 of them but make them smaller so easyer to hide them from the enamy ....... also a flare/tag type ability so he can mark positions of intrest to the grope EG, enamy Con location, or buildings

secound job .... to thin out enamy trops with out alrting them or being cout to quickly .... so Silenced Guns, knife, posin gas grenade , things that can kill without being to noisy .. and better camo or hide abilty helps to

Thired job .... take out/ sabotage enemy buildings .. well all ready got that lol

extras ... i know its a game but an scout donst need to drop ammo creates as a scout wouldnt be carrying that sorta stuff .. BUT he should be able to carry abit more ammo then the standard troop as he's going to be out there on his own and maybe a better health Regen abilty as well as maybe a fake death type thing as i found in Larp pretending to be dead can get you in behind the enamy quicker lol

2. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

...is he for real?

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what is live action roleplay, and why does it makes me want to put on my robe and wizard hat?

4. Noah_cub

Noah_cub Member

live role play is yeah live action D&D basicaly XD

but yeah thats just my veiw on a scout i mean scout it means up frount an looking.. not being behind you an giveing you stuff

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

D&D haha

swords and arrows for the scunt?

guess not ;)

6. Scylla

Scylla Member

Scunt? Btw this is D&D this is EMPIRES!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    anyway the scout current purposes are
    1. minge
    2. minge
    3. minge
    4. did i say minge?
    So those are my TOTALLY UNBIASED OPINIONS.

Yea but for real
    1. kill turret farms
    2. catch the jeep
    3. kill refs
    4. hide and go seek for 10 minutes

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i bet thats a blast to do, kinda like preforming theatre?

8. Demented

Demented Member

Only with no script and everyone wants to be the hero.
    (Or maybe I'm thinking of cowboys and indians in kindergarten.)

9. Noah_cub

Noah_cub Member

well like playing games it's allways fun to watch the noobs

i spent over £400 on one chracter but you get people who go out an but cheap ass costums from fancy dress shops an dress up lick Lord of the rings chracters ..... but what makes it more fun is noob girls as if there a worrior type they all tend to dress up like Zena XD with means you got a bunch of girls running about with a big sword and 2 leather belts as clothing an not mutch else

10. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

People who want to lick LotR characters. Mmmh.

11. Noah_cub

Noah_cub Member

yey for erly morninig spelling mistakes :p

12. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

it's gotta be a troll. I'm too cynical to believe this guy really exists.

13. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

I wholeheartedly agree, with extreme prejudice.

14. Noah_cub

Noah_cub Member

wth XD i'm no troll tho i do get chased about bye them :P

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the most fun of cosplay imo is the being able to dress as a complete slut (99% of the female characters of the theme are dressed that way) and get away with it

because the character just dresses like that...

16. Noah_cub

Noah_cub Member

or its the only time they can dress like that :p

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

they? who is they?

18. Noah_cub

Noah_cub Member

the ones who dress in skimpy/sexy/kinky dress's :p

19. zynaps

zynaps Member

Basically there should be two configurations for the Scout:

Assault configuration
    Where he should be on the battlefield: Between the enemy and your own team.
    What he should be doing there: Taking down walls, disabling turrets, cutting the health of buildings so the grenadiers and tanks can take them down faster, killing enemies and be the first guy on the flag.
    Why someone else couldn't be doing this: Riflemen are long/med range, engineers are support/defense and grenadiers are busy blowing stuff up from behind cover.
    What abilities might help him accomplish this: Hide while sprinting short distances. Better concussion grenades. Immunity to concussion grenades. Wall breaking grenades. Shotgun. A weapons upgrade package (skill) giving damage boost + silencer.
    Could he be completing other roles at the same time?: Yes, sabotage behind enemy lines if he can scrape together enough points for more skill upgrades.
    How important would it be to add this to Empires: Would be pretty sweet!

Basically the relevant changes would be these...
    1. Hide skill upgraded to include: Regular hide + short hide sprint ability + immunity to commander targeting when hidden + better hide shader.
    2. New skill: "Close Combat Upgrade" giving silenced weapons + weapon damage boost + ammo upgrade boost + immunity to concussion grenades and sticky stun bombs would now attach to walls and break them.
    3. Shotgun replacement for the scoped rifle.
    4. Innate sabotage is nerfed to only bleed turrets and refineries.. slowly.
    5. Improved targeting with the binoculars.
    6. Scout has less health then other classes.

Infiltration configuration
    Where he should be on the battlefield: Behind the enemy lines.
    What he should be doing there: Sabotaging enemy structures in order to draw away resources from the front line or to hamper their resource flow in general.
    Why someone else couldn't be doing this: They lack the hide skill.
    What abilities might help him accomplish this: Upgraded hide skill, Shotgun and an "Upgraded sabotage" skill.
    Could he be completing other roles at the same time?: Not unless he can scrape together enough points for more skill upgrades.
    How important would it be to add this to Empires: Would be awesome :D

This configuration would be the new improved hide skill plus a "upgraded sabotage" skill. Sabotage would still be an innate skill but would only bleed refs and turrets. The upgraded sabotage would stop enemy research when the radar is sabbed, add slight bleed to barracks, repair pads, and vf's (less than current). Increase bleed for turrets and refs. Sabotaged armories would dispense health and ammo to all players regardless of team.

So when picking the Scout class you would have the choice whether you want to go for an assault/support role or an infiltration role by selecting either the Close Combat Upgrade skill or the Sabotage skill. At least until you can scrape together enough points for all three skills.

20. Empty

Empty Member

In my script build I'm messing around with giving the scout a shotgun and a scout rifle which is useful in close quarters as well as long range. I removed hide and while we haven't had a large-scale playtest, it seems to be ok so far.

Hide doesn't really add anything to the game except flag rushes (which I'm cool with, they should stay in).

I think making a grenade that takes down walls would be ridiculously OP, making him have less hp makes no sense for a close combat class and concs are nasty enough without some faggot ignoring them and mopping you up.