Post your current battlestations.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Space_Oddity, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The conversation had twist and turns.

3. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

This thread now has more coverage of the Gaza invasion than the mainstream media. Less bias too.

I fucking love playing vidya from the sofa. Not going to bother with a desk.

4. Metruption

Metruption Member

i currently use a ping pong table as a desk, it's pretty sweet. tons of space to put shit

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

RT and Al Jazeera have had 24/7 livestreams of Gaza for a couple days now.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

the most non-biased network eva

add presstv while your at it

7. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

In Britain you'd be lucky if 1 in 10 people have heard of either of those. I only found about Al Jazeera in the first place because I was trying to find a reputable source of news that doesn't spew shit.

Bearing in mind how much of a news article people will read before clicking away, look out how fucking weighted this utter arse-gravy of an article is.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

If they aren't talking about Russia the bias doesn't matter. Compared to other news agencies they actually do coverage of shit, whether or not there's bias. News bias is a must anyways, it's the point of news, obviously you're supposed to get info from multiple sources. And anyways I was referring to their livestreams of the Gaza massacre, not to the network in general.

You can definitely see who's paying more for what content the news should have, and how it leaves the uneducated masses. There were idiots criticizing the video of the palestinian kids getting shelled on the beaches saying shit like "oh their parents don't care about them when their town is being bombarded", as if their parents weren't already dead, or you know, as if there was anywhere else to go.

This is all Western media has to offer sadly, in the form of a parody news channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqKu5rSTyP8.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

no, it does matter. russia's interest extend beyond its own borders.

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

That door looks like its a 1/2 inch thick door. Both doors looks like they are closet doors. You were living in an AC'd shack?

11. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Americans certainly don't know about them, either.

It's all crap here - almost entirely fluff that doesn't mean anything.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

theres no such thing as unbiased news coverage, the only chance to escape a single sided few is to listen to all the different sides and form your own opinon. and its always only gonna be an opinion unless you have access to classified documents of both sides ...

welcome to the 21st century, thats true for a good portion of the world. its a shame we are technically so much more advanced then social - where progress goes backwards again currently.

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

so true flasche

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

ya cnn and rt are the same. one focuses more on israel and the other says ukraine blew up a plane because putin was going to fly on one 6 hours later

one the same. gr8 argument

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Ya, but there are some sources are so painfully biased that there's no point. I would trust RT barely more than I would trust People's Daily or Korean Central News Agency.

16. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I get my news from yahoo, on the page before I open my email.

I would care about news if there ever actually was news besides, somebody died today from a shooting, people are mad at obama, people love obama, here is a cute cat, some guy caught being racist in public, kim kardashian flashes her tits, 9/11 conspiracies, and here is the hot bullshit fox has said.

I go to BBC news if I ever slightly care.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

That one is really funny and I dont get it.

the argument is that ukr wanted to shoot down the head of the military over their own country, therefore destabilising the region for decades and alienating everyone. Much logic.

On the other hand their argument is that the flight paths were crossed.... over Warsaw which is probably over a thousand kilometers away. I really dont get it.

Russian media overall are really funny to watch. Everyone (except China) says Russia is being a dick for being okay with rebels, russians besically respond with a "dont bully, ukr gov is nazi, srs. They are crucifing children and shit!"

Also loving this Russian gov responses. Its okay to alienate everyone by basically invading a neighbour, but its also not okay when others are upset about it. Its as if the gov really likes Tom Clancys novels and want to enact the whole "nationalist New Russia".

18. flasche

it really depends on what specific source i compair it to - western mainstream media is full of propaganda aswell. for really complex geopolitical topics you can scrap media coverage alltogether and start read up about the economic backgrounds, resources and trade-relations to find reasons - anything else is made up propaganda bullshit ...

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I wouldnt go all the way to "propaganda", but most definately a big bias and lobbing.

20. flasche

not saying the media always reproduces propaganda intentionally or out of free will ...

(also really, this is in "post your current battlestations"?)