Possible map?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Destroyer224, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I have an idea for a map to make.

No CV for each team, only flags. Each team starts on an oil rig, or some other form of offshore platform, and has an aircraft factory to make planes for getting ashore. There are several islands scattered across the ocean, with one large one in the middle. The smaller islands are mostly bare except for an occasional house, and some palm trees. The middle island has a large bunker complex that houses a flag that provides a large amount of income, as well as a sentry tower located in another area of the island with another equally powerful flag. Suggestions welcome.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Sounds good. I'm sure there will be plenty of this type made once aircraft are out.

3. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

My computer just started acting strange so I won't be able to get started for awhile now. :( I load up my computer, then after just a few min, the power suddenly cuts out, as if I had pulled the plug. This is going to take some time to resolve, and my other computer just flat out refuses to run hammer for some reason.

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

I would have never thought of anything even remotely similar to this.
    >_>
    <_<

And even i I had, then I definately wouldn't be secretly working on it right now.

Definately not.

5. R_yell

R_yell Member

I like the idea, reminds me to that map in AOE series where players started in a small island and needed to conquer the continent. It was my favourite map type. Good luck :)

6. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Ok, I fixed the problem. My new motherboard has Wi-Fi so I have wireless internet in a certain range from my PC. I didn't want other people to get free internet off of me so I disabled it when I wasn't using it. Turns out that if I re-enable Wi-Fi, everything works just fine. Don't ask me why it would work this way, but for some reason I cannot run programs while its off.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006