poll, please participate

Discussion in 'General' started by blizzerd, Oct 6, 2009.

?

questions in OP

1. yes, yes, mainstream

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. yes, yes, hardcore fanbase

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. yes, no, mainstream

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. yes, no, hardcore fanbase

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. no, yes, mainstream

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. no, yes, hardcore fanbase

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. no, no, mainstream

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. no, no, hardcore fanbase

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. i feel deeply devided in opinion to 2 or more questions

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. i do not understand the question/am unable to correctly answer

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

for my personal interest, im polling the empires community, no "devs are lazy propaganda" or "but guys, you voted for X so now you have to accept change Y to the game without question" here

1: does overall gameplay improvements for everyone validate the removing or heavy alteration of small "niche" parts of the game only used by a few?

2: do the devs need to remove or heavily alter repetitive or boring parts that lower the fun factor in empires even if it comes at the cost of "skilled players" no more being able to gain an advantage by mastering these parts?

3: empires needs to become more...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. Omneh

Omneh Member

How do I answer all of the questions when I can only choose one answer?

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

there are 3 questions, each have 2 possible options, that makes 8 different combined possibilities
    + 2 extra to eliminate "i dunno lol" answers

i summed up all the different combinations in the poll, just pick the one that suits you best

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i want a "this vote is biased" option - abstaining ...

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

howso? i asked 3 easy questions, and you can answer from 2 options

what parts it is about isnt even defined, its just a general poll of how people on the forums would like to see empires to evolve

im just asking for peoples opinions, if you somehow are "unable" to answer a simple yes/no question then answer the last option...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

He means to say that, by use of the repetition and phrasing of questions, as well as their inherent positive (IE the human tendancy to prefer a yes answer, or see the yes answer first) that the questions are biased. Which they are. EG:

Is BSID, the disgusting source of stax, rudeness and unhelpfulness that is, the source of all evil in empires?
    is a biased question. As is:
    Many think BSID, the first and greatest (it hurt) clan in empires, is not the source of evil, do you agree?

7. Demented

Demented Member

"overall gameplay improvements for everyone" "remove or heavily alter repetitive or boring parts that lower the fun factor"
    It's not really a choice, unless you want to turn this game into Nexuiz.
    (Would you like to turn the game into Nexuiz? <-- Would have been an easier question.)

Mainstream/hardcore is a bullshit divisive tactic, and if you're not with me then you're against me.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

vote is biased, so i voted no, no, hardcore

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

The questions are a bit poorly worded. You should try to use more neutral wording when asking poll questions. For example, I would change the questions to:

1. Do you believe strategies, skills, weapons, or vehicles that are not used by a majority of Empires player be removed or kept?

2. How do you think the level of skill of individual players should be incorporated into Empires gameplay?

A: The level of skill attainable should be reduced between the most and least skilled players
    B: The level of skill attainable should be increased between the most and least skilled players
    C: The level of skill attainable is fine between the most and least skilled players

3. Do you believe Empires should change to become:

A: More accommodating of other major FPS or RTS gaming communities or members?
    B: More accommodating to the current Empires gaming community.

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

confusing poll is confusing

nerf boring or repetitive parts of the game cause being good (at boring and repetitive parts of the game) makes you too good? what? the fuck?

11. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

whoo someone else voted no no hardcore

i hope your not planning on drawing conclusions from the current vote
    16 non-serious votes doesn't say much

12. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

To those who answered 'yes, yes, mainstream', frankly you can fuck off and play CoD

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

if this poll was an implemented feature in the game it would look like this.

[​IMG]

14. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

um, where I vote for ProLife against ProChoice?

15. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

I think this pole is a horrible suggestion, and should not be implemented in the game.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what pole?

do you mean poll? a pole is a sort of stick if i am correctly

17. flasche

remove or heavily alter repetative or boring parts that lower the fun factor of "skilled players" to gain an advantage ...

so anything that requires skills is a boring repetative part of the game and needs to be altered to remove the fun for long time players (believe it or not, playtime alone increases you skill noticeable)?

AUTOAIM FOR EVERYONE!!!

:pathetic:

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It makes perfect sense to me. I voted no, no, hardcore.

Why? Because these so called "boring" parts are actually called something known as "depth" in the game, which a lot of games lack. Hence I like them.

And as for hardcore, we just have a cycle of people who play this game for a month, then leave. We need to add more depth, not less, to keep people interested with more stuff to do so they stick around.

19. flasche

im with you trickster, but im not going to vote for a trap - and the formulation yells TRAP at me ...

if i wouldnt have said that it would have been only a matter of time until he diggs up this thread and explains his view with "but we voted for this"

the formulation is bullshit - the advantage you gain through skill is something COMPLETELY different from repetative (what is a repetative part btw? shooting?) or boring (and whatever those are) parts of the game - and obviously aimed for getting an arguement for his own suggestions ...

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i am amused by the responses i get from this thread ^^

although flashe you come over a little paranoid to me and i doubt you read the questions properly, the formulation does not hint in the slightest that the advantage trough skill is questioned, in fact the advantage trough mastering "unfun" parts of the game are what was debated, no matter what the parts are that are "unfun", that should be decided in a debate or another poll

if anyone feels like providing conditions to his answer, he can always post them etc
    im just trying to get a general idea for personal intrest, its not like statistics or changes of the actual game are going to be affected by this