Pokemon Hunter

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Al Fire 101, Sep 28, 2006.

?

Would you buy Pokemon Hunter?

1. Yes, I would buy this in a heartbeat

52.9%
  2. No, violence is bad

23.5%
  3. I'm with PETA, you sick f***

23.5%
  1. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

Would you buy a game where instead of capturing and raising pokemon you are a poucher who kills pokemon for money. At the start of the game you start out as a kid who kills weak pokemon with a pellet gun and sells them for money. As you get older you start to kill larger and rarer pokemon, each becoming faster/more powerful/etc. With the cash you get for selling the now dead pokemon you can upgrade your weapon, eventually creating a weapon that can deal Teh MASSIVE DAMAGE (sorry just had to through it in there). Also, included could be difficult puzzles, going to town, and buying businesses to help keep your rep. low enough to keep the Pokemon Police off your back. I guess as you near the end of the game you can hunt for the rarest of rare pokemon and compete in mini-games like Pigey Accuracy, Mining With Dig-Dug, and Pikacu Goes Boom-Boom. Another thing that could possibly be included would be gadets for hunting very quick pokemon or even goast pokemon. So how would you guys/girls like a Pokemon Hunter type of game???

2. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Al Fire baby where have you been XD assemble the A-Team man XDDD

3. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Nah, I'm not one for angsty anti-popularity 13-year-old-snob games.

Seriously, Al, come on. It was a good, inventive game that's pretty much dead, and you're just hatin' on it to try to be a rebel. I'm sorry, but if you're going to make jabs at things, try to have a reason to do so other than they happen to be (or have been) popular.

4. Jn.

Jn. Member

Actually, I think that game would be kinda fun.

5. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

OH SHIT, HE IS USING RATIONAL LOGIC! Burn the fox at the stake! But seriously, I agree with this post.

6. supaste

supaste Member

i want poke'mon to be popular again it would be funny..... lolz @ ur face....

7. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

no, lols @ YOUR face.

8. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

You guys realize the new games sold a couple million in Japan within their first few opening days, and half a million DS Lites?

Just had to fanboy up the thread for you.

Edit: Gots me a source.

"...sources over at 4 color rebellion are stating that the entire launch allocation of two million copies of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have completely sold out in less than a day."

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/09/28/pokemond-diamond-and-pearl-break-sales-records/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  9. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Just to create more opinionated-chaos, I wouldn't buy it, I would just torrent it and put it on my GBA or DS emulator.

I voted buy though, because technically I would still have it.

10. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

That doesn't mean they haven't played it out and run it into the ground.

11. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Opinionated. These sales suggest the series isn't anywhere near dead or worn out.

See where I'm coming from?

12. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Yeah, I get exactly what you're saying, but I haven't seen anything really new added to the mix since... Well, since the series came out. Perhaps "dead" was the wrong term, yes, but I just don't see anything interesting coming down the pipes, and that suggests to me that the series has peaked.

The Pokémon series is almost entirely dependant on gameplay, as the story is pretty light. Sequels depend on advancements in gameplay rather than advancements in story, and I'm just not sure that adding in more and more pokémon and including two-on-two battles is going to cut it forever. If you still enjoy it, that's great, but I just don't think that their reputation and advertising is going to keep people buying it forever.

13. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I've never gotten a single DS ROM to work on an emulator :(

14. thaile

thaile Member

I don't know if many know this, but they have a new pokemon game out where you actually get to play as the pokemon.

15. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Hey, Krenzo should make Empiresmón and make some dollars. Kids these days are so f-ing stupid that they'll buy anything with a fancy name and slight addictive ingredient.

16. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

Actually I do own Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow and enjoyed them all. I just wanted to know if there was a game from a different perspective that could be enjoyable to a few people. I mainly just wanted to see how people would react to a game of the type set in that world. And sorry everyone about creating a larger A-Team squad, I'm now in college and have not had much time to play/recruit, if anyone is interested though please send me a message!

LONG LIVE EMPIRES!!!! and pokemon hunter :)

17. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

=O you cant replace me, who was i again?

Bob (Merdoc) (maybe mispelled it xD)

HAHA have fun dude =D i get my new comp this coming week, so hopefully we'll pop on together =D!