Please Fix The NF Modles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by SGT. MIKE, Jun 6, 2006.

1. SGT. MIKE

SGT. MIKE <blink>BANNED</blink>

It seems like you started on BE and got tired when you got the NF because the funs are crappy (no offence) the NF rifle looks like a stick, The first wepon for egeneers looks like a boomerand, the pistol looks like a blade of grass and it just sadens me that BE is always stacked and NF Never wins.
    I Love the Light tank but the med and heavy and arty look like crap although its alot of work to change these things i can learn to create models and help (if needed)
    Also, The BE light tank is to bulk for its capabilitys i wish someone can fix all the things i said...
    Also i heard from someone tbat their fixing some models in 1.06 but i dont know so im just making sure the guys up stairs knows what (some) people think of the models Well Anyway blah. rar and sex
    :) :) :)

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

"OMG fix models" Sure, I'll get right on it.

Someone once e-mailed me saying that our aircraft on the media page would never fly in real life. I still get a kick out of that.

3. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Becous whoever mailed's mom won't fly nither?

4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Mike, maybe it's because the NF is kind of a rebellion/terrorist(ISH)/underground fighting group versus the Brenodi EMPIRE. Empire = lots of money, probably will have better looking stuff. A few things can be fixed here or there, but I honestly don't give a crap about what the gun looks like, as long as it doesn't crash my game. We could be fighting in wireframe for all I care, just as long as it's the coolest wireframe game I've ever played! BATTLEZONE 4 EVAR!!!

5. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

The thing about the aircraft not flying gave me a good laugh, but yeah, the NF are supposed to look like crap, but that is some good looking crap. I know that sounded weird, but the weapon modeler made them look good even though they are supposed to be thrown togeather by the Rebel Northern Faction.

6. Jn.

Jn. Member

Likezomgfixmdlsplzkthanxbai!!!!!!!!!111!!1

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

technically (and pure tecnically) all those planes coud fly

if conditions are right a rock coud fly

imagine, a very small perfectly round planet/moon (10 km /), no outer interferance (like a sun) extreme low gravity cous of size

and then a rock, catapulted frome some distant place gets into orbit
    it coud be that it woud fly up to 5 years yust a couple of meters above the ground

thats flying

if the world where empiresmod plays on, has 50% of earth gravity (meaning all lifeforms woud be smaller, but coud still look like for example humans) and has an air dencity of 250% of earths dencity, (meaning bigger animals can be supported, practically resetting the size of the humans allmost back to normal) then you coud make a (earth) tree fly away simply becous a light breeze got under its leafs

so i say

stay in school!

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Thats orbiting i thought

And could you please fix the animation for the NF pistol, he puts the same mag back in

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Do you have the calculations to back that up?

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

either that was the quickest and most random reply ever or was intended for above

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if a plane fly's around the earth, dous it not orbit it?
    coud you, if you woud be so kind, give me the definition of a plane?

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

An object that is defying the world's gravity by providing it's own propulsion

13. duff

duff Member

i think he was just saying that the models generaly look like shit. and to be honest i have to agree. definately not the best 3d artwork i have seen, especially for hl2.

14. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

The main reason I don't play NF is because I don't like the way it looks... I mean, I understand why it looks that way, but I'm a serious aethsetics person... so really, just giving a better texture to some of them might make them look better, but the wouldn't fit the NF identity...

Also, the NF mg turret looks highly unbalanced...

-Sheepe

15. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

The Models in Empires are poorly modelled, and animated, but its just beta, and I dont expect them to be pure awesomeness this early in production.

If we're lucky, maybe they'll redo the weapons sometime.

As for the planes not being able to fly?

Well, do you know that bumblebee's cant fly? According to our laws of physics, a bumblebee cant fly, it defies everything we know about aerophysics.

So, anything can fly, if you want it to, beside, its a game, an alternate universe, they make the rules :cool:

16. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

I could care less as long as the following are met:
    It can kill people and not require 30 bullets to do so
    It can withstand at least 6 hours of constant play and no crashing
    Doesnt have serious glitches
    Guns are somewhat accurate to the least
    There MUST be sound, I cannot play any FPS without sound
    Theres some kind of firing and reloading animations
    The game has textures, models and stuff thats good to the degree where 6 hours of gameplay wont leave me with a pounding migrane

As long as those are met I dont care about anything and those griefers can be dealt with by admins. Although I really enjoy astounding looking models and textures, the gameplay is what matters. Personally I think the models and textures are great for a beta, after all I'd expect the programming to take top rank over everything else since the other stuff can be polished and refined later.
    And like a few I will usually pick the side where the weapons look the coolest =D

So to sum up this really long boring post:
    Models and textures are fine, keep working on the programming side as 'features' are more important than looks
    Animations could probably be used for certain things such as the buildings but thats not really an issue, just a way to 'polish' it for later on
    This mod in my eyes is beyond the average for other mods in where it stands.

17. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I like most of the nf models...

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i dont mind the NF art at all, even though BE does look better, but thats because i dont care at all about graphics as long as i can tell things apart. the problem is new ppl (in case you cant tell by the last few threads i started, im a newb (but not noob) lobyest[sp]) will generally just go BE cause they look better.

19. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

thats it
    btw nf rifle looks like a pipe :rolleyes:

20. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Seriously, now. Bernoulli is frickin' spinning in his grave. Bad aircraft designer! BAD!

No in-flight peanuts for you!