Plea to players

Discussion in 'General' started by Tama, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

In the past weeks I've seen the playercount surge, and it fills my heart with glee. But it seems to cap off when the first server fills up. I would love for us to break our all-time record (on Steam) of 88 players. Tonight, when we get to that point, I will be asking players to switch to the other server (EPIC or Nubs); if 10 players switch together, both servers can fill up.

Please, if you see the server is full, arrange this yourself, invite 10 players to switch and make Empires great again! (also tell your friends, grandma and dog to play Empires)

2. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Of course, I'm not advocating poaching - the practice of asking players in one server to join another without permission from the server owner. Ask through private steam chat, not in-game chat, or get permission from the server owner first.

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Nubs has a lot of good seeders and active admins which I reckon is the biggest reason it gets the lions share of the play.
    If you want a sustainable second server population, which would be great, then you'll need the same on EPIC or whatever.
    People willing to not just sit in spec and call it seeding, but do active administration with map votes, command low pop games, etc - That's what is needed to hit a critical mass of 20 players.

4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

we haven't gotten a full server worth of population in a long time, our count post 2.7.0 is 63, so it's not a problem of servers being full, it's a problem of servers not being 64 slots.

5. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

6. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I could play and i have gotten an interest in empires again. So yes,im back from my Blocky Break.

7. Ranger

Ranger Member

Regular updates will bring back people.