Player Names On Minimap

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by HaschteWas, Sep 29, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why does it need updating more then once a second? or worded differently, isnt any update rate higher then that just luxus?

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well, it seems to behave a little oddly: some parts are updated while others are updated somewhat later, resulting in a very "jumpy" minimap. It's as if you have the "ghost buildings on minimap" bug all the time. I'll see if I can have one of the new coders look at it again, though.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

apply the new position with a radar swipe animation and you get away with 2s ... just saying ;)

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It is sufficient for a full-size map overview (which I will get around to as well). A minimap, I'm not so sure of.

5. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

What might work is for anyone in the squad to press ALT-1 or 2..5 and in the minimap the player associated with that position in the squad flashes on the minimap. You would have to remember which the revive engie is and hit his number if that is the one you are looking for - etc... That should not be too complicated to code up since the flash already exists when you do FAAW - "Air Support", blinks the player on the commanders mini-map.