Pixar <3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Headshotmaster, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Well, this is probably blatant fanboyism, however I really love Pixar and want to discuss a topic other than something about haten something else(go figure) :0

So basically, I recently watched Wall-E the first time and it was fucking Amazing, and after watching it I went out and bought the Blu-Ray Disk(yes, my comp has hi-def capabilites so you can suck it)

And then there's the Incredibles. Fucking loved it(for various reasons)

Anyways, lets discuss Pixar and anything relevant.

Obligatory Pic
    [​IMG]

:P

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Yeah pixar makes really good movies especially with the pressure that every movie has to be a blockbuster

3. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

When my dad saw wall-e he did the exact same thing... went out and bought it.

btw which is the balloon one? I havn't even heard of that.

4. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

The one about the ballons is called "Up". Sadly I haven't seen a Pixar movie since Toy Story 2. =/

I might just buy a few once I get around to getting an HD TV & buying a cable to hook up the PS3.

5. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

I dislike them both... but that diagram you've attached it really convincing :)

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Looks like it's more down to story and scripting...Dreamworks animation movies tend to be a bit more childlike and simple, Pixar movies tend to be more powerful. Go figure...

7. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Those movies are for children, I don't understand why no one else gets that.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

zomg NO DEAD BODYS AND SEX AND ITS ANIMATED IT MUST BE FOR CHILDREN

9. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

At least they're pressured into making 'good' movies unlike most of hollywood \o/
    Have you seen Antz? not really directed at children. Cussing, a drunk wasp whose wife is squished(AND YOU SEE IT HAPPEN!)

Not to mention the whole ant genocide thing : /

Also the war themes, IE those damn termites.

-----

That's not to say that dreamworks doesn't create anything good, I did like the original Shrek :P

10. Deiform

Deiform Member

Kids aren't really going to get the significance of the ideas put forward in Wall-E, that was aimed at the older generation methinks with pretty colours for the kids to look at.

Not saying that they make films to a specific target audience, just Pixar make well thought out storys and animations which can be watched and loved by anyone.

11. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

ZOMG Pixar is awesome. :D:D:::DDD:D::D:D:D:D:D:

12. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Shrek I was good. I actually liked the fish one with Will Smith too, just because, y'know... Will Smith is in it.

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

only his voice, and i dunno perhaps 40% of the people that watched that movie saw the dub of there country

thats not a lot of will smith left

also, we all love love love love wallE, i cried while watching it when eve was like wally are you allright and he started cleaning up ignoring her

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Incredibles is probably the one I most like, amazingly it only had about one small scene that I didn't like...which is rare.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Pixar was made here in ghetto haha. Right next to Oakland in Emeryville. I like them because they use a lot of bay area references and add things in the background only people who live out here would know.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

like?[​IMG]

17. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

cas anyone heard the rumors about pixar, they approached games workshop in the hopes to make a 3d epic, based on warhammer 40k.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

like stores and buildings, they had this little coffee shop called reds java house in one of the movies.

19. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

yeah pixar usually does make better movies than dreamworks or most of hollywood for that matter.

also that pic you made HSM is priceless. That face in the dreamwors one is hilarious

20. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

I say they're for children because they have simple plots and childish humor. Fart jokes and slapstick shouldn't please anyone older, you may laugh, but don't tell me that the cartoon movie is good.

I've always had a strong hatred for the movies that are in the theaters on a regular basis, and I've always been looking for real movies. Yes, it annoys me when my generation wants to watch cartoons and tells me "its actually a good movie lol".

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009