Personalized Units

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Trid3nt, May 18, 2006.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I know we can already choose weapons etc but wouldn't it be better to choose armour, uniform (camoflage) Etc. You could have the same screen but going downwards, and then have the projection of the trooper to the right.

I am aware that dice have done this in BF2142, but i got the idea from Hidden & Dangerous 2.

Also (out of game) would it be possible to personalize your units face, just to stop the whole of armies being clones?

The only cons i can think of are the possible time it could take to programme and CPU space, but critisism (is that correct?) is welcolm

2. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Well, that'd be cool.

At least if u got to alter your:

Headgear: Helmet, Hat, Berret, Nothing

Logo: Like in Rainbow Six: Raven Shield, that you can choose from different Logo's on your Arm/Helmet/Chest

Heads: Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, Negro

That'd add alot of atmosphere to the game, because the game really lacks contrast since its just one big army of identical white men. I mean, where did the big majority of mankind go, the Negro's? And it looks bad, as Trid3nt said, "just to stop the whole of armies being clones?".

3. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Empires still isn't set on earth. :p

4. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Another pretty good idea, but probably really low priority right now.

5. Liethose

Liethose Member

Ya i like the idea

6. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Mix this with diffrence models for each class and you got your self a nicely mixed army rather than the Clone troopers.
    I always hated haveing one person that I'd usually fight along side but never be able to tell him apart from that noob who dies everytime without haveing to target him and keep my crosshair on him for a while(Since, if he is any good, he doesn't stay in the same place for long.)
    Maybe have the onmiprsent names over people's heads so you don't have to freak out and take aim just because your friend looks diffrent... And reduce "I thought he was one of us!" deathes.

7. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

each side would have distinctive uniforms, so did anyone did do that, no-one would kick them, or you could turn ff off.

It would be nice to be able to be camoflaged, i mean the BE are meant to be the dominant power, so why dont they have proper camoflage but with simular markings rather than the NF, who should look like a rag-tag bunch of rebels

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Just Bumbing this to show this:
    [​IMG]
    Its just a quick illustration of what i think the player should look like. Face and Head are different as you could have a mask, infa red goggles or a thing that terrorists wear to cover their faces (gah! i cant remember the name grrr) and head would cover helmets etc

EDIT: The word under the symbol with the [E] is 'Squad Skills'

9. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Balaclava :P

And thats a nice idea

10. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

The Sims: Source

But seriously, not a bad idea, but it's probably not practical enough to ever be put on the to-do list. >:S

11. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

What you guys are all describing is the Army creation menu in the game Warhammer 40k (or Winter Assault). It gives you the option to view either a vehicle or infantry, and there are options like Primary Color, Secondary Color, Trim Color, Badge, Weopon Primary Color, etc, etc, but what Trid3nt is suggesting is more of accessories then colors. Personally I feel that colors would be easier on the dev team, but accessories would be sweet...

ESPECIALLY IF YOU COULD SAVE YOUR OPTIONS CLIENT-SIDE!!! AHHH

12. Jimather

Jimather Member

omnipresent names that can be bound to an on/off alias ftw.

13. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

new unit models are coming with .06, arn't they?

i mean sure, all rifleman would look the same, but atleast it would be easier to tell them apart from grenaders. it would help stop the clone army look.

14. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

if customization were to be added, I'd want it under the options menu. I don't want to have to sit through cosmetics every time I want to join a game.

15. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

Make it like in Joint Ops

16. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

What if you could save your preferences, but change them ingame