Permanent Testers

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it's not in steam it's on these forums. a mistake I made .... haha

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Who are these people joining the group with 0 or only a couple of posts? Do you think I'm going to let you be a permanent tester? If you haven't taken part in the discussion on these forums in the sculpting of 1.08/2.0, then you're definitely not going to be allowed to remain in this group.

3. ploosDok

ploosDok NOT a tester

Maybe they have just joined the forums?

I myself have been around, playing, testing and reading the forums. I'd be happy to take part of future discussions about the game, if not in those black hole ones, maybe in those more serious topics about weapon balancing etc.

I understand if you don't trust people like me, for example.
    It's your choice whether to kick people like me from the group or not.

Edit: pressed submit instead of preview :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

where is your CW signature, ploos?

5. Melee

Melee Member

Hopefully Ill be accepted for testing and reporting and if if I can help with anything else, please ask.
    have been recording some demo's but would like to find a better way than ingame record, tried fraps , dont like.

6. bill

bill Member

I do agree with krenzo on this many people like myself have enjoyed this mod for a long time but have contributed little in the way of constructive discussion and therefore are maybe not the best play-testers needed.

7. Simon

Simon Banned

Melee has actually contributed quite a bit as much as I hate to admit it. Does this mean my emp_recruit account won't get to be a tester too :(?

8. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I may not be that good at spotting bugs, but I actually have lots of time for testing :]!
    Lulz @ Simon

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yeah, melee has reported bugs in Mantis even though he just joined recently. However, I see a lot of people with single digit post counts who have been around since RC 7 or earlier who joined the group. When it comes time to lock the group down, I'll be removing users who just haven't contributed much to the discussion here. I want to have a large chunk of users in the group, but I want those people to be ones who will participate in both play testing and discussion.

10. Silk

Silk Mapper

I think i'm somewhat on the edge of being usefull or not.

- I've never posted a bug on mantis, however i've followed nearly all topics, and participated in all discussions i think were worth it, for almost 1.5 year.
    - I don't use irc and won't use a mic for conversations, however i can be contacted via pm's, mail, msn, xfire and steam friends and i'll always post my thoughts on the forum.
    - I'm not good in spotting bugs (seriously how the hell do you guys keep finding them?), but i did help others with testing bugs that THEY discovered (for example weapon testing, recording that demo with ... whoever it was about the double tank damage bug, ...), and i was there once when dizzy needed people when he was balancing tankweapons. Oh and other things as well, but you get the point.

The thing with me is, i'm not always that helpfull (lazy person talking), but i try never to be a pain in the ass. That way people don't really need me that much, but they don't mind having me around because i'm no trouble and sometimes i do something good.

I'm trying to better myself though. So far it isn't working. If anything, i keep getting more lazy every month. The problem is ... i just LOVE being lazy ^^
    Another problem is i've always been very healthy, have a good weight, always did well in school, etc ... so why wouldn't i be lazy? I mean what would be the point of being active all day if it changes nothing.
    Holy crap i just convinced myself, why didn't i see it like this before :D

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the thing you guys have got to ask yourselves is "do I want to spend time looking for bugs and playing on a buggy unbalanced and sometimes downright unplayable game when I could be playing the polished and POPULAR servers with 2.0 on them?"

12. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Honestly, I don't think I can play often since I just entered high school and the amount of work is pretty steep compared to middle school. But when I get used to it, I'll be playing as much as I can :].

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

<lol^^lol>

14. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Well I'm willing to go back to reporting bugs as before the RCs, I used to go with grizzly, CPUgeek and dizzy and assist them with testing.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT MY AVATAR STARTED WORKING FOR THE FIRST TIME

15. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Private Sandbag.

Krenzo needs me. Without me there would be a lot more bugs left currently.

(I'm not mocking others work now but I think Krenzo said somewhere that I have posted 200 bug reports to mantis or even more and I take that as big amount. Or I just took the number in wrong way but anyway...)

Also I want to test new features of Empires sooner than others. :p

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah of course I want you weedy- my message wasnt to anyone personal

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Pfft Weedy sucks! I definately wouldn't pay more than £100 a month to have him test a game...

:p

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'm up to help. Crash dumps for all (especially Krenzo)!

19. asskicker

asskicker Member

I'm in, But I won't be able to join allot, But I will ;) (School)

20. Simon

Simon Banned

Wow...... Just wow.