People of germany assist me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REX, Sep 20, 2007.

1. REX

REX Member

The thing is I might go to germany in the upcomming holidays and I would like to know some prices on stuff.
    I would like to know if I could save some money.

First how much is Vista Ultimate 64bit if I go into a real shop.
    just in Euros.

Also the playstation 3 as the price here in Denmark doesnt seem to corrospond with the prices I saw in a foreign article.

Here in Denmark:
    Vista Ultimate 64bit is 3600 kr. 483 Euro or 679 USD

Here the PS3 60Gb version is 4000 kr. which is just about 537 Euro or 753 USD

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

Germany has had its taxes raised to 19% a couple of months ago :P
    Dutch people used to go to Germany to buy stuff and now it is the other way around :D

3. REX

REX Member

crap....... atleast its not 25% :(

4. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Or 30%. :rolleyes:

5. REX

REX Member

Well yes..... its just the danish is 25% and that just suck A LOT... I wonder if there is any other country on earth that has a higher one..... also the 180%+25% on cars is just so sad :headshot:

6. picard131

picard131 Member

599 Usd?!?!?

7. REX

REX Member

......:confused: uhm US Dollars :confused: for what ? where ? who? eh ?

8. REX

REX Member

Ja jeg overvejer det, men det er ikke fordi jeg nogensinde har betalt for det før ^^ eller noget andet software.

9. Aurora

Finland has 30%, and sometimes higher.

10. REX

REX Member

wow.... and we are talking about the extra taxes on stuff you buy right ? the VAT Value added tax

its just that I have never heard of that ever going down again once it has gone up

11. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

It went down by 1% here in Canada, which was a stupid decision because VAT taxes are really effective ways to tax consumption. Also 1% means nothing to anyone, so it just ended up being a publicity stunt.

They can go down, but because they're so effective, it's better economically to lower income or corporate taxes

12. REX

REX Member

Hmm our politicians are starting to argue about our tax system.

If you get above about 365000 kr. (68738 Dollars) a year you get an aditional tax of 15% so 63% of your income will be taken. So working really hard and getting just a bit above that limit will result in a huge kick in the face and actually result in less money than if you had worked alot less.

So to get income beyond that point you have to work like crazy or have a much higher salery.

then comes the damn 25% VAT of anything you buy and the insane 180% + 25% on cars. Then theres all the usual stuff with additional taxes if you have a big house and a lot of other crap that your countries probably also have in some form. hmmm I wonder how close to 100% we are :headshot:

13. Aurora

Well that's fucked up. It's a step closer to freaking communism, except that it makes even less sense.

14. REX

REX Member

very fucked up indeed, and as inflation rise and more and more people get beyond that point it really shows. Also now we are going to be forced to buy farm product from other countries or atleast that is how I understand this, so many food products are going to become alot more expensive here..... I dont understand why, but I think its a EU thing...

like they wont to shut down our sugar production plant on the southern islands to let African areas produce at a more competetive level. That will kill the entire economy of those areas as that is all they do.... there really is nothing else down there.

15. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

My lord, that's a screwy system!

Uhm...

Move to America?

We have cookies!

But seriously. I may not know about the political system over there, but if your form of government is representational in some manner, find a bunch of people to write all kinds of letters to your various representamajiggers and DEMAND lower taxes, DEMAND reduced spending. Tell them that high taxes to pay for high spending, beyond a certain point, causes your economy and your country to go into a downward spiral in which more people NEED the money from the spending, and less people have the money to GIVE it. This means that less is actually spent, meaning that you just shot yourself in the foot.

</mindless_sickness-induced_ramble>

Keep your last crust of bread to yourself today so you can give that beggar a whole damn loaf tomorrow.

16. REX

REX Member

Its not all bad as we are mostly in the top 5-10 as far as the GDP goes every year, so we do have massive amounts of money in the nation overall and we spent a lot. And we have universal healtcare and so on.

Hmm write to the dudes in the government ?..... it will be quite futile as they have all the answers ready in their mind and I doubt they would even read it. I interviewed the invoremental minister of the present government last year and you simply cant make them budge in any way. They will answer your question with another question. Like then where are we going to get the funding to this and that ?.
    Our system is complex and very different than in the US... there are many things I dont understand about it, but I think some big changes might happen in the tax system after next years elections, but somehow they will manage to squeze the money out of the people.

If you do stay on the 48% mark it really isnt that bad.... but you often cant stop working even if you realise that you are going to hit it as the monthly payments have to be earned so you just cant stop working... so it will pile up and you have to go into overdrive to catch up, which can often feel like slavery to the state.

17. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Over here in Belgium the Playstation 3 is €599, maybe even tipping $800.

18. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Who cares about overall GDP? GDP per capita is what matters. I'm sure Germany is in good stead there. But having the #2 GDP slot isn't great if you've got a billion people (that's not Germany's problem, though).

I know its different than what we've got here. Sadly, I didn't know how much. I still don't really know, but hey, I'll take your word for it. Keeping track of the way every single foreign government works would turn me into... uhm... He Who Shall Remain Unnamed. Just remember that sometimes complexity is another way of pulling the wool over your eyes. But that could just be me mumbling again, since it's 5:00 AM and I couldn't get any sleep.

If it feels like it, it just might be. But now I really am suffering fatigue-induced mumbling.

Go on about your business, you! And remember that if ever it gets too nasty...

There's always the land of hot dogs and coca-cola.

Oh, and Playboy. We have pr0n here.

</fatigue-induced_mumbles>

19. REX

REX Member

crap it probably isnt much better in germany. Guess I will just wait for the price to drop a lot.

And also sorry I didnt mark it per capita but that was what I meant. We were at nr. 7 in 2005 and nr. 9 last year. But we are only 5,6 million people here. But as far as I can remember we are now the hardest taxed people on earth after they made some changes in Sweden if I remember correctly. My never ending suggestion for a tax reduction is to just make an end to the normal mandatory millitary as it is never used and a HUGE waste of money. they already cut training from 9 months to 4 months. We dont need 30000 regular soldiers, we only use the more pro army of a few thousand of the dragoner regiments anyway + special forces (Hunter troopers) and MPs when we deploy troops, along with some of the navy.

I have been drafted and have to go see some doctors and stuff Thursday and draw a number in a tombola and see if the state is going to waste several hundred thousand of our moneiz to make me suffer in the forest eating bad food, with a highpower rifle for several months..... with a very low paycheck:( .

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I think that's because we have a government that doesn't recognize games, thus not asking taxes for it. Right now we don't even have a government, they're bitching about random stuff nobody cares about.