penetration with plasmaMG

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by alucard13mmfmj, Aug 7, 2011.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

Plasma machine gun should be able to penetrate every object until it hits a map object. Meaning, the plasma machine gun should be able to go through tanks, buildings, and infantry. This makes plasma machine gun the same and different at the same time. You can fire the plasma MG at a single tank, and be mostly pissed off at the overheating of your own tank. OR you can fire the plasma MG at a cluster or traffic jam of tanks to hit other tanks that may be behind the first tank. Of course, the effectiveness of this modification could be largely be determined by what map is being played. In a tight map, like slaughter = ownage. An open map, like dustorm = less than ownage.

I just feel that plasmaMG is a niche weapon AND only a few people know how to use it efficiently. I don't think a game should not have an equipment that the everyday player would not use or cannot use effectively. Of course this would make the people who can use the weapon effectively, even more effective... But, the point is.. it would possibly make it a weapon that the everyday player would use and use decently.

Why not just start making modifications until we have the right one? We could always remove the modification if it was OP or make things worse.

----

This is not a general thread about plasma MG. Only talk about the penetration aspect of the weapon plox.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

plasma mg is meant to support other tanks imo

like having an apc with plasma, and a bunch of tanks without it...

fix it to do this better, or change it entirely

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Support tank is just another tank the enemy either ignores, or uses to get free points for kills.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Sounds nifty. If it can be scripted in, then it's worth a shot. I doubt Trickster et al want to "try stuff out" on the live game, but if it doesn't require code support, it might be worth a shot.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

it is a support weapon, just a support weapon that people would like to use... and not just a troll weapon. if u suck at using it, u would still overheat.

6. o_O

o_O Member

Yea like the magnum in goldeneye except instead of massive damage it makes everything overheat and stop. It looks like a laser anyway and lasers cut through things so it almost makes sense.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. ImSpartacus

Empires needs a magnum, that is all.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

put this together with alucards mystery box thread, player would be able to get the golden gun!

This idea is kind of strange, and most likely will never be put in, but I don't see why we shouldn't change something just to see what it would be like, cause it doesn't sound too bad. Maybe the 2slot mg can only go through 2 vehicles/buildings, the 3 slot can go through 3 or 4.

9. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i guess there is a time factor that is involved, with observing "iffy" stuff to see if it works. it could be a waste of time. although, potentially new content that recycles current animations, particles, and models should be looked into.

it just seems that a lot of people, especially in spectator chat, are frustrated with the lack of "new" content. with the 3-4 dev team, i guess it is rather difficult to do totally new stuff. lol, if only nuclear dawn had vehicles... if only. and if only NS2 development would move along a bit faster XD.

10. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

This is going to need code support and i can think of two code projects that should have higher priority.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's another one of those "give pointless feature to plasma weapon to make it useful" threads.

12. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

so the possibility to overheat anywhere between 2 to infinite tanks and overheat yourself is less useful than MAYBE overheating 1 tank and overheating yourself? while keeping it as a support weapon and more viable for use by avg players? all the plasma stats remain the same, besides having the ability to go through tanks and hit other tanks for overheating.

like someone else said.. 2 slot = 2 tanks. 3 slot = 3 tanks. that might work for people who like "consistency"..

i dont really understand what type of plasma change would make the weapon more useful, but stay as a support weapon. it is a dead end weapon and it just wastes MB of HD space when downloaded with the client. again, if it is even researched... it is a troll weapon or only effective with a handful of people on empires. i don't think a game needs a troll weapon. we might as well have APCs with smoke grenades lol...

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Just stop suggesting anything please.

14. ImSpartacus

Looks like it's double dead. This can't be scripted and The Trickster has spoken.

15. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

this thread contains MORE GTFO