PC Action DE

Discussion in 'General' started by Krenzo, May 19, 2006.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The german PC gaming magazine PC Action has featured Empires in its June issue and awarded us a "Super Mod" rating. Simon "SpAwN" Hackfort, an editor on the magazine, sent me a PDF of the article. Can any german players translate for the rest of us?

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

wow cool and i just installed adobe acrobat reader an hour ago :D

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

hmm im not german either, but i think the mean meat and fries >,> with schnitzel and pommes lol

edit: and this part you translated "The soldiers de-energise revaluing by successful engagements(?)"
    I believe rmeans that you get points for -something- fights that get you upgrades. Dont quote me on that tho

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  4. theBlind

theBlind Member

Here you go

[Picute subtitles, clockwise, starting upper left.]
    >>[Question: What's a medicament thats applied anal called?]<<
    Empires has many new weapons and vehicles

>>Damn, I think this is no camera afterall<<
    As engineer the player can build walls and turrets

>>[I have no idea how to translate this]<<

>>Cunnilingus can get into your eye<<
    Player looks change depending on the selected class

[Article]

Don't shoot into the wind! [variation on a german saying meaning not to do something useless]

Battlefield2 meets Source-Engine. With EMPIRES, a Half-Life mod you get a whole new gaming experience.
    HALF-LIFE 2 | We love combinations. Women and men, steak and fries, movies and popcorn, multiplayer shooter and realtime strategy. That last one is something you don't find all that often. Which is pretty sad. But there are resourceful modders taking care of this problem.
    Empires für Half-Life 2 is one of those mixed genre games. Download the 413 MB large mod from www.empiresmod.com. The difficulty of integrating FPS and strategy game has actually been mastered by this mod. Just like Battlefield2, players run across the battlefield in FPS manner while one teammember gets the large overview and directs the infantry cannon-fodder around. The soldiers gain access to certain upgrades through victory in battle. Those range from commanding a squadmember or bot to turning nearly invisible - which is great. If you think about the size of the maps, which are just about the size of BF 1942 maps, its a good thing you can capture vehicles and aircraft. Otherwise, you'd be running around all day long. Like any good RTS game, you have to mine resources. Accordingly, you have to place a refinery somewhere as soon as possible to tap into the geothermal energies and minerals of mother nature. After all, you need real cash to buy all the equipment needed for a war. Also, you have to build barracks, repair pads, radar and much more. That's true for both the Northern Faction and the Brenodian Empire who give battle in a fictional future - just the way such things are.
    The best thing last: the maps can be played as a campaign or individually. Cheers, cheers, cheers. Marc Brehme.
    Info: www.empiresmod.com

[box below article]
    Research, reseach build a tanky

Like in any RTS you research and build in Empires.

Picture 1
    As commander you can pre-define vehicle types. There are basic chassis as well as different weapons and armors.

Picture 2
    The research tree is extremely detailed. On several levels you research things like physics or biology.

[picute subtitle]
    The Commander has the control over building vehicles(left picture) and research.

[end translation]

Krenzo: If you are asked by more german magazines about an article, feel free to ask them if they want someone knowing the game to read over their article beforehand and direct them to me: keinerwillmich (at) gmx.de

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  5. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Wow, someone didn't do anything other than read the info section of the Empires website. Oh well, I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity. And look at the pretty pictures!