pariah (problem)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ^Dee^, Jun 21, 2006.

1. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Having a problem with pariah where it plays the intro credits then nothing but a black screen and background music.

From what I've read it has something to do with the latest drivers from Nvidia and that rolling back to an older version would solve the problem but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a less shit way of fixing it?

2. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Horrible game tbh, not really worth it :P

3. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Second that

4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, if you bought the game people telling you the game sucks doesn't help so..

Have you tried the game on multiple computers? My friend and I have the exact same PC from HP, so it's nice to test on.
    Try seeing if everything is perfectly fine, if it is, you KNOW it is a confliction with you system.

Try searching the Pariah forums or www.technet.com; they may have an answer there.

Finally, try running in all sorts of settings, from in game settings to diffrent desktop resolutions. Also, try using windows-compatibility to set it to Windows 2000 or some other year. Try turning off anti-virus or your FIREWALL! (all caps because I ALWAYS have a problem with games hanging on me becase ZoneAlarm is asking if I want to allow the internet for it, but not telling me; thus I get a hanging screen like in Half Life Episode 1 yay)

Other then that, yes, the game does quite suck. I rented it for Xbox (actually a friend did...) and I was sooo excited to use the level editor. That sucks balls too.

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I know the problem. I just don't want to roll back my video drivers.