Paratroopers.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bossekille, Oct 6, 2006.

1. bossekille

bossekille Member

not sure if its been mentioned in suggestion forum so i make one here just incase. when aircrafts is implented. why not paratroopers? some guys that can be dropped from a dropship behind enemylines to sabotage or whatever.

2. supaste

supaste Member

this would be a nice touch i dont know what plane you would have them drop form though...

also you would have to make it so that the pilot could not do it as this would result in suicide missions..

3. bossekille

bossekille Member

well make the dropship a commander controlled apc like vehicle.
    like a ai controlled plane. that can be moved in diffrent directions.
    perhaps just on certain maps.
    where ppl can parashoot from at the location.
    then ofcourse we need to implent aa guns. so the other guys can shoot down the plane and paratroopers. perhaps aa turrets.
    or a tank that is a mobile aa gun.

4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

or give it to scouts as a skill. everony else has to wait for the plane to land or the passenger crate to be droped, but a scout can just jump out and not take fall dmg.

5. Goose

Goose Member

Or make it a basic skill for everyone. It would be nice that players could drop down from the aircraft as a team. The higher rank you are and more skills you possess should determine how long it takes for you to hit the ground.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I've got no problem with it being a skill for everyone, except when it is, it will generally become an instant requirement that any time you get the chance to go in a dropship.

If you were parachuting, I take it that you wouldn't be able to fire (not even inaccurately), and when you landed there would be a 1 second pause while you couldn't move.

7. picard131

picard131 Member

Omg, nerf teh chutes!
    Is what the Emp_Recruits will be screaming.
    Good idea, as long as we have a big ol' "recovery" pause, so ninjaz who didn't use their stealth skills in chuting in can be killed.

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Why not give parachutes to everybody? This seems to be the only reasonable idea.
    1) It's more fun to be able to bail out of your plane if things go horribly, horribly wrong.
    2) It's an absolute pain in the ass to be stuck in your plane if things go horribly, horribly wrong
    3) it encourages suicide runs if a player is losing a dogfight/hp to AA

and I could go on. And where's the last thread we had on parachutes? I could swear it was on this forum.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

forget parachutes, the pilot should be able to eject passengers, to distract the enemy

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lmoa, I spit out bits of my sandwich when I read that.

<computer>"BeeEEEEeeeP" "Incoming Missile"
    <pilot>"Out of shafts!?!"<pilot presses eject passenger 1 button>
    Passenger 1 + missile = red cloud

11. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

There would have to be more models made - Berets

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it would be fine for the pilot to eject, but not passengers. and no mid air pilot switching makes a lot of sense, so if your pilot ejects, you're all dead.

I think that would be the best way for it to work.

13. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

my arguement for it being a scout skill.

1. scouts are going to be an infilfration class anyway, right?, so they should be hae an advantage over others in this area.
    2. the transport planes are going to pick up crates full of ppl and then drop off the crates instead of landing for rapid deployment (as least this is the impression i was under)
    3. makeing it a general skill would mean that a specific general skill would be a god skill, and that is a bad thing, but by giving it to a scout would A. make the skill a little less useful, no BE AR firing as soon an the rifleman lands next to your baracks, and B. its ok if a class skill is over powered, i havent heard any complaints about increas dmg, dig in, or vehicle cooling.

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

ok. I'm with you now.

15. bossekille

bossekille Member

that gives me an idea.
    supply drops at the feild. ammo and health boxes.
    well ammo boxes should do.
    that whould make things easier for certain situations when your on the other side of the map from the engineers.

16. jambo

jambo Member

to balance out parachuting. scout class get a skill where they can use paragliders to stear themselvs. Every other class just gets parachutes that go straight down.

17. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

What about this? Give the basic skill to every one(come on how hard is it to jump out of a plain?) But have it that you take damage when you land say 10to 15%? But if you have been trainded(aka the skill) you dont take any dammage? That way that rifle man needs to deside between dig in and take less damage or starting off with less damage from the fall when he drops by that barracks.