Outcasts= lulz

Discussion in 'Archive' started by BloodRaven, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Empires attracts assholes and only assholes.

Typically, these assholes ban together and perform fellatio until chafing occurs. All is well.

However, on rare occasions, the assholes get a decent excuse to hate each other. They use this excuse to rationalize a most complete hatred of their counterpart. The hatred consumes both parties and they begin to exist only to rape & pillage destroy the other.

[​IMG]

Moral of the story: Love thigh neighbor (and bake a cake out of rainbows and smiles).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I joined the discussion on copyright and licensing, and I can't believe how incredibly wrong, disrespectful and idiotic their statements are. Bort, claiming to have worked in the "copyright field" does not seem to grasp the concept of having ownership to your work. It's such a basic right, words can't describe the huge quantities of facepalms required when reading what he says.

Then HWGuy, as brainwashed by Bort as he is, continues on about licenses. He's talking about someones intellectual property, as if it's free for him to take.

I'm not even sure what they are talking about, they don't have the source code, their efforts are just exposing their true idiocy and ignorance.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Dizzy, some days I just have an uncontrollable urge to reach across an ocean and give you a hug. Today is one of those days.

[​IMG]

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I read the threads again, and on second thought I think HWGuy is somehow making a legal claim on his ability to edit the scripts as he sees fit. Which makes it a completely different situation than what Bort is talking about.

I think they just seem threatened somehow, they changed some things and probably feel as if we're trying to force them into undoing their changes.

I have yet to see Trickster or anyone else mention that they have no right to do this, so their discussion on licensing and copyright and opening files in notepad are completely ungrounded. Bort seems to have taken this a step too far, claiming it's open-source and has no copyright ownership.

It's hard to understand whether HWGuy's comment on licensing is a continuation of Bort's stupidity, or that he's simply stating his right to edit the scripts. Which would fall under "fair use". Everything else is by default "all rights reserved".

We don't owe them a license, they require a license to use copyrighted work.

5. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

Seems like OC is a great clan...
    Im proud to say that 420 is not bad anymore
    thanks to OC
    Btw 420s dead

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

how dead?

7. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

when you read those threads just remember tat there may be about 3 deleted pages in both of them, making it partially impossible to jump on their trains of thoughts.

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't know the specifics enough to be able to argue back on those points, I just know they don't have a legal right to do shit, but I don't know how American copyright law works. I just know that they're of the opinion that they can take anyone elses work, and just use it and release it as their own. Which is retarded. But it's pointless anyway, even if you do explain why they're wrong, they'll either delete your post and carry on asking as if it never happened, or just say you're wrong when you aren't. I love the way he totally ignored the entire sourcemod-releated stuff the moment he was proved wrong on it. He hasn't mentioned a thing about it since. Honestly, just give up, it's not even worth your time. He is, unequivocally, the most stupid person I have ever met.

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

their steamgroup has 8 members, wtf?

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Quit trolling them deadpool! You are all just no life trolls who should be banned. lol every response on there forums by anyone other then members or mr. dee is a no life troll. haha and they are post locations of guests..

12. communism

communism poof

My favorite part is his "huge" community and dead forums

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol ya and how many people have tried to change empires/release there own version and gave up on it. And if they do release something, there will be like 8 people playing on an organized pug. lol siding with mr. dee will not get you more players, he doesn't even know how to play. I am sure he just has steam as a chat platform, no games.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Okay. I've known Bort the longest, something I'm not proud of, but there it is. I can honestly say that there is no point attempting communication. He will not listen. Let's just agree not to go on their forums and let sleeping dogs lie.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I respect the clans old age, but I don't respect the idiot on the empires side. Apparently this clan has a bunch of older members from like 95' or something (who don't play empires) but they actually seem normal.

16. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

yeah, I just don't like bort. If it wasn't for him there would be no issue.

17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Bort is the only poster on hs forums, so his "large clan" must be doing heaps elsewhere. Maybe they run a country or something, that why they've been too busy to post in the past 10 years.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

They are too busy developing mods

19. Bran34

Bran34 Member

Bort would make an AMAZING politician, wouldn't you say?

20. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

They're the head of Libya's new government, didn't you hear?