Order preferences

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rampantandroid, Apr 8, 2007.

1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

The idea is a system where the commander can look at the commander player list and see what a player is willing to do, and/or click a player and see what their willing to do, without having to give urgent orders and find that the person has no intention of following them.

This would be implemented into the new control panel, on the per class settings. There would be a few check boxes, and with each one is an associated command/action. The player could then check off boxes representing what their willing to do as each class, maybe even class specific, like building, offencive vehicles, defencive vehicles, field engie, base engie, support, etc. These would become auto set for each class as the defaults, but could be quickly changed through the control settings or the class selection menu.

Initial idea is Killx's.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I think this would discourage people from playing flexibly. After all, if you're the nearest player to an objective, sometimes you will have no choice but to help out the team (for example, the number of turrets I end up building as other classes). I wouldn't ever list building as a capability if I was a grenadier, but if the circumstance arose of course I would still do it.

3. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

That could be interesting. As long as you can quickly change between different profiles depending on your mood :)

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Useless, if player doesn't want to listen he can leave the server (he'll be usable at the same level).

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I had the idea because countless times I have seen a team lose because the commander is very busy, gives an urgent order, doesn't have time to babysit, finds the guy who was ordered hasn't done anything.

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

This is like the pool of tasks that came up during the summer.

I supported it then and now.