opt in to squad lead

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Feb 12, 2011.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

For the purpose of alleviating uneducated squad leaders from squads, non squad leaders should see the "promote to lead" button as a timed "self-promotion"/Opt-In button. After selecting it, the opt-ee will become squad leader after 10 or whatever seconds.

Squad leaders would have a checkmark or select box like Lock Squad that would disable this timed self promotion. This is automatically unchecked if the squad leader leaves. However, when performing promotions, it stays locked.

If the squad lead is locked and a majority of squad members, the squad leader is unpromoted and the first player to opt in is promoted.

Basically, if a competent squad leader wants to lead a squad, his understanding of opt in will come on top over an ignorant player who just happens to be in the squad lead position.

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Fixed. :rolleyes:

I'm aaaaaa50, and I approve this suggestion.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

how about just a kick squad leader button

fss

4. OuNin

OuNin Member

yeah thats what i meant

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Basically this.

6. OuNin

OuNin Member

same stuff different name. opt in would only require one person. when the squad lead is locked, it becomes an eject squad lead button that requires multiple people.

7. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

how about something more positive, like making promote to squad lead a button that is available to all 5 members,
    so you highlight name of squad member #3 and hit "promote to lead" - and if all 4 non leaders do that for the same person, they become lead
    keep in mind this is still secondary to just asking the guy.... lol

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

the issue is if the player doesn't know what they're doing he's not going to leave the squad.

if bravo has 30 points and four people who dont know what they're doing, you're not going to get any use of those points. nobody is going to collaborate on a vot self promotion allows one to circumvent this. i do like the nominate for lead instead of vote ejection, but that would only occur if the squad lead is locked.