Operations Budget

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Shinzon, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I thought of this while replying to the "Upgraded Weapons" thread.

So basicly each player gets their own private resource count, which they can use as they see fit

Uses:

1) When the team is low on resources, the "Operations Budget" can be used to pay for the tank or a portion of the tanks cost

2) Engineers require some of their "Operations Budget" to drop their own structures (Be it a turret, a wall, or an ammo crate)

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

3. SGT. MIKE

SGT. MIKE <blink>BANNED</blink>

4. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

Nice idea, I like it. But engi placed turrets should be cheaper than commders.
    Engis turrets are sort of helping out, where the comm forget to place one and it will change it position often, so...perhaps 25credits? Ammobox about 5credits? A wall perhaps 10?

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Sounds good, since their res flow isnt as... abundant...

6. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

A reserve resource storage of about 2000 would be cool. It should disable the normal storage for like, 3 minutes, when used. It could be used only once, and it would always be 2000.

I don't like the engineer idea.

7. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Private res pools would just serve to seperate players from their team, thereby discouraging teamwork.

8. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Kinda like the Kharaa in NS, no teamwork whatsoever....

No, I say bleh to this idea, anything that discourages teamwork ain't a very good idea.

9. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

I like the idea. It lessens the reliance on a Super Power Commander. Maybe even allow this to Bypass the Comm VF Restrict so Jerk Commanders won't completely stop the team while someone trys to get a Comm Kick to work.
    And those who said this would discuourage team work, how about allowing you to Donate Funds to their Commander when your team is in need. Maybe even allow soldiers to research their own infantry upgrades?

10. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

VF restriction? Jesus...

My mate doesnt even build a VF 'til all the researches are done, and there's lots of res available, THEN he places one, and a squad of 15 people all get tanks and own the enemy, thats tactics... I have NEVER heard people whine as much as they did in that game "BUILD A VF NOOB COMM!" and the fun thing is, that we survived that entire game, not using a single tank 'til the end, only by using teamwork... Anyway, we won that game :P

No to this idea!

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i woud pwn him as comm, just by giving my team cheap apc's and apv's
    not going for lvl 3 turrets but straigt for arty

12. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Maybe, maybe not.. They sure didnt, they got raped by us.

Teamwork is more powerful than you imagine, they came with Med tanks and APC's, and we instantly blew them to pieces with Mines, and defensive grenadiers, whilst the Scouts made sure the Grenadiers stayed alive.

Engineers built turrets to prevent the BE from overpowering our forces.

It was a great game... And when we finally got tanks, they were so unprepared that they got overwhelmed by the tankrush :P

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The whole point was to put some limit on the spamming done by some players;

Think of this as a blend of Kharaa and TSA; Evolve as an individual and a society...

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yup, totaly!

15. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, I like the idea of maybe getting some money per kills, but I think you should only be able to donate money to the commander, or possibly (pretty expensive) buy a promotion point? That way, if you do a lot of killing, but having trouble leveling up somehow, you can speed up the process? And you can donate to other players, helping them to level up as well. Great for helping out the players who join mid-game with no skills yet.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

maybe a quik research that costs 200 creds, but when reseached delivers 5000 creds, for when you are in need, so the comm can buy tanks when he spend money and a rush comes up

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

a great big no
    -less teamwork required
    -'starve/seige' tactic no longer viable
    -encorages people to get kills instead of working towards the greater objective
    -furthers elitism as good players can buy better equipement and vehicles

18. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Say 100 recources per point scored, tha&t way turrets can be the full price as usual, and you can afford tanks on your own, and in a game (say, you get 50 points near the end) you won't be able to buy plenty vehicles anyway. Plus, the team won't have to put up for all the stupid jeeps people might buy.