Open Venue Discussions.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Metal Smith, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This is just a thought.

If there ever to be a meeting online through a chat program like ventrilo, would it be possible to either allow the public to enter the channel, as long as they are muted? or mute everyone who isn't a dev through global muting or something. If that isn't possible, then at least can a recording be made of such a meeting?

Thank you for considering.

2. BlakkCooper

BlakkCooper Member

what does ventrilo have to do with empires?

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

what does reading the suggestion section guidelines have to do with empires? Apparently you think they both have no meaning what so ever.

4. BlakkCooper

BlakkCooper Member

your turn.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

What ventrilo meetings?

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

NS2 has regular podcasts/videocasts from the dev team where they discuss latest workups, features, etc in an informal way. I've always thought something like that would be helpful for Empires (so that the community knows whats going on).

7. davee magee

davee magee Member

lol.
    que. solokiller ~>

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

-_- okay, If, for example, there is a meeting with live discussions such as messenger or some type of VoIP, can it be either recorded and then posted or copy and pasted so that people can see how it went?

I'm not asking for someone to summarize what happened, I'm just saying if this were to happen, if there could be some sort of log of it happening, for example, the scout rebalance, if you guys have a live discussion on it.

I've been around empires on and off since 1.05 beta, that's nearly 2 years. also, this is a suggestion, therefore belongs in the suggestion forums. The above guidelines are supposed to help people with new ideas think about them before posting, especially when trying to suggest things that will affect gameplay.

I am merely suggesting that if they have any live discussions for something like the scout rebalance, let it either be open for public observation or have it logged and posted so the community will feel a little more in the loop without the tedious summarizing that would take longer than copy and pasted convo in a large group chat or possible a ventrilo recording. It is a simple humble suggestion. I will not argue if I get a no, nor will I be upset or annoyed, I understand if you don't want to do this, it is very similar to asking you to write a blog on every detail of your daily life. Just thought it might be an acceptable middle ground.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  9. Empty

Empty Member

Yeah, the devs are always using the excuse that it takes too long to write up boring blog stuff that barely anynoe will read and often doesn't say anything [which is a fair comment], if we just get an unedited log that'd be great, takes someone 10 seconds [longer if it's VOIP =/] and then the community feels in the loop without you guys having to do anything more :D.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

We don't discuss things over Ventrilo, and IRC chats are private. And we haven't even discussed anything yet :/

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Kk, thanks solo for a straight answer.