OMG Politicians

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu, Jun 26, 2006.

1. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

2. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I... can't... stop... laughing... :D

3. Jn.

Jn. Member

Omggames=badbadbad!!!!!!! Sometimes When I'm Bored I Like To Build A Vehicle Factory And An Arty, Then Blow Up My School!!!!! I Am Just A Stupid Child Who Mimicks All Games I Play!!!!! :p

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I too must confess that I've played Pong. I'm ashamed for it, and my political career will suffer as a result of this. However, I'm a man of truth, and I believe the truth shall set me free. Vote Krenzo 2008.

5. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

*Votes Krenzo 2008*

6. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

*ditto*

"What do we want?"
    "EMPIRES 1.06!!11"
    "When do we want it?"
    "NOW!!1one"

7. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

John Stewart is the stupidest mother fucker i've ever seen. Does anybody seriously find him funny? I know of nobody that finds him funny and if you say you find him funny im going to assume that your lying.

find........

8. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

So....want do you want to say?
    Well, I have to commit, that I don't really know, who John Stewart is, but I guess, it is the moderator of that show in that video. Right?
    If so, I give a fu**ing bullshit, if you find him stupid or not.
    I posted this as a consequence of the world wide suspression of computer-games: You can't tell anyone, that you are playing CS, Quake or anything else without beeing stamped as a potential killer.
    This John Stewart might be stupid, but he makes fun of people, that are trying to forbid something, that they doesn't understand. There is no real proof that playing computergames increase violation, but they keep telling that. They keep telling that masaquers like on some schools there caused by computergames.
    These Politicians don't know what they are talking about, so John Stewart did at least one good thing: He show the audiance how stupid politicians can be.
    And that's the point of this thread.
    Not if you like or dislike John Stewart.

You are a computergames too, at least you play Empires, so you own HL2...I may assume, that you are also very sceptical about the development of some laws in some countries all over the world, don't you?
    Get the humor out of this to laugh your grind about that away.

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Oh, so, wait... Lemme walk through this really quickly. You don't think anybody finds Jon Stewart funny. If someone disagrees, and claims they find him funny, you call him/her a liar, and thus affirm your belief... By denying any evidence to the contrary.

Eesh, no wonder you don't like him. You're the type of person he makes fun of.

I find him funny. And, according to how popular his show is, a lot of people do.

But we're just lying, now, aren't we?

10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Damn. Even my dad laughed at that. "THERE'S A WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAZY JACKASSES IN CONGRESS!"

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

I find him funny, but I'm a liar...........so then I'll say I don't think he's funny, but since I'm a liar that means I think he's funny. I WIN. I love comedy central. I hate stupid politicians. I think we already established in another thread that stereotypes=bad, and that's what these politicians are doing.

12. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Why did everybody take it personally that I said I dont think john stewart is funny for fuck sake people. And no John Stewart wouldent make fun of me I mean look at you guys getting all bent out of shape over a comment on a forum. As for him being on T.V. its comedy central they put a whole bunch of shitty shows and people on it because they can like Carlos Mencia.
    And I do understand that the reason you put this on is for the politicians and the gaming thing that that part I enjoyed I just said I dont like John Stewart and I dont know anybody that does.

13. Jn.

Jn. Member

Why do you take it so personally that we make jokes off of something you said? Now you are getting all bent out of shape over a comment on a forum :D Just lighten up. I'm sure if someone had ill-regards towards you it would be much worse. You can state your opinions just as well as we can state ours.

14. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Im not the one bent out of shape here I find it hillarious that you guys are pissed off at my comment.

15. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

We took it personally because you said that if we disagreed with you, you would accuse us of lying. That's not exactly a flattering thing to tell someone.

I said that you were the type of person he lampoons because of your statement. You essentially said that what you said was correct and that anybody who disagreed with you was a liar; he targets this behavior because it is an immature tactic that has become all too prevalent in politics and the media.

Seriously, now. It's won seven Emmy Awards and two Peabody Awards (Wikipedia). Everybody I know loves it. Where do you live?

Now, see, if that were true, I would have let you go with, "Well, now you do." But see, that wasn't all that you said. You also called me, and anybody else on the forums who enjoys Jon Stewart and The Daily Show, a liar.

Sorry to come down on you like this, but something about your attitude there really ticked me off. Please try to think your posts through a little better before you hit "Submit Reply." That goes for everybody (Though I'm really not one to talk - I'm posting this even though I know it's only going to be inflammatory. If I don't post it, though, I'll be irritated for the rest of the night. Just don't take it personally; I'm merely blowing off steam.)

On an on-topic note (gasp!), where did you find this, Tom? Have you been reading Cliffy's blog, too? :p

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

LOL I love John stewert, but then again I'm Canadian and a lot of our humor is like this (see the hour has 22 minutes). My poli-sci prof used to show us a clip of his show almost every week. I don't think there was a person in the room who didn't laugh.

I don't hate you pickjaoe, I just think you're a partisan robot

Also this, and has anyone seen the Colbert report? also funny stuff.

17. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

The comment about everybody being a liar was a joke people that should have tipped you off ,but I guess if somebody doesnt put a smily face next to something everybody is going to take it seriously.

18. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

Well, since you don't see the mimic in a writing...yes, it is hard so see, that it was a joke. It might be as well the other way round: You mean ist serious, but we are all laughing.

19. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

But this is a forum and if I wanted to piss somebody off I would do it where it wouldn't take and hour for a response.

20. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Okay, they have done studies that show that 60% of what you put into text that is neither set off nor serious will be misinterperated as being serious. Therefore, ALWAYS tell someone if your being serious.

-Sheepe