Oh my god.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dumpster_fox, Jul 14, 2006.

1. halbalbador

halbalbador Member

2. Jn.

Jn. Member

.....................................after looking at that picture. I am genuinely and utterly speechless. No comment. *shakes head in disappointment*

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

What... The... Hell...

I think the comminty re-make TF For ever... or something like that is gonna kick the official ones ass...

Those graphics and that style is suited for Evil Genuis only...

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Yes, since the original Team Fortress was as realistic as they come.

I, for one, welcome our NOLF-style art overlords.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Same. I LOLed looking at that RPG guy.

6. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Why is the explosives expert always black?

The guy with the flamethrower is in the back. Never have the guy with the flamethrower in back. It is a bad idea to have the guy with the flame thrower in back!

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok, if it's not a joke, that's ok, because I thought the art style on TFC was a little ... weird, almost like a run-down version of Half Life 1, and frankly, all I care is about the gameplay.

8. Ganks

Ganks Banned

once again valve will get low sales because they package a worthless game worth 4.99(ep.2) with another game barely worth 2.99.

People, I feel myself forced to say this on a lot of pub review sites: Stop buying shitty games.

Ep.1 was like 20 seconds long. Ep.2 will be 20 seconds long and FF will be much better than TF2 because FF, and its counterpart which, if in developement, I forget the name, will be better anyway cuz they are made by fans who know the game more than some up-and-coming wanna be dev does from valve.

Valve is shitting where it sleeps lately. I dont expect them to recover once ut2k7 comes out.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  9. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

HOMYGOD!!! I love that cell shaded shit!

To all you old people out there! It's a 3D METAL SLUG!

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

They look awesome, especially the nazi on the right :)

11. Slithzerikai

It reminds me of Metal slug, I'm buying the fuck out of that fucking motherfucker if I'd have to sell my liver to get it!

Nostalgia for nostalgia's sake!

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Never paying money for that.

13. Slithzerikai

I can tell you are young. >: (

14. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I'm 21, 2.5 years older than you. CSS was really the first game I played online, so i'm young in terms of these kind of games. I also just don't have time to play all the games out there, I have to pace myself.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  15. Slithzerikai

I'm 19 nowadays. :P

I like the looks of Team Fortress 2, if you ever were a fan of Metal Slug you'd know the kind of somewhat cartoony look I like.

16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Once again, I'm not buying anything, ever. I'll only play it if it's free, or universally loved. And for crying out loud, there's the SAME thing as TF2 for FREE being made. I don't understand why you'd want to pay for it when FF already looks so nice.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of one (or both) of the games. I just don't understand how free+tried and tested gameplay < money + new shit (possibly BAD shit)

For the record, I really do like the look of TF2. The cartooney look works for me, and I liked Metal Slug. But... the above still remains true.

17. Slithzerikai

A paying one will most likely be well advertise, thus probably attract much more of a crowd.

18. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Ignorance + hyperbole much?

OH NOES EP1 WAS SHORT EVEN THOUGH THEY TOLD US IT WAS GONNA BE SHORT WAHHH. It's about quality, not quantity, and Valve certainly delivered in the quality department. It was, by far, the best thing they have released as of yet.

This comment is directed towards Lobster, as well: Team Fortress 2 is going to be a different game than the original Team Fortress and Fortress Forever. I know this is going to make fanboys run to their mothers and cry upon her breast, but it's true. Enjoy it for what it is; do not try to enjoy it for what another game is.

Your final comment really shows your ignorance, Talus. Why in god's name would UT2k7 kill off Valve? They have no products that compete directly with Unreal Tournament, and even if it were to eclipse one of their IPs, they have such a broad range of products that it wouldn't really affect them much. If you're also thinking that people will abandon modding for Source for the Unreal 3 engine, you're forgetting how much more work making a mod for the Unreal 3 engine will be. Not only will it take a couple years for the scene to gain momentum as people learn the ropes, but the amount of detail and busywork will be much more than what is required with Source.

Remarks like yours are why I can't even peek into the comments section of Slashdot anymore.

19. Slithzerikai

Plus, didn't Valve copyright their near-perfect ragdoll and in-game physics? I doubt any game would have that advantage to them, lest they're offering Valve a big payout.

20. Jn.

Jn. Member

I agree. When I first read this kid's statements, I was pretty much too pissed to say anything. It's funny how you can pretend to stand up for something you believe in, and be completely ignorant towards everything else. I believe it was Sir Winston Churchill who said "a fanatic is one who can't change his mind, and won't change the subject." Though that quote doesn't comply directly with what talus said, it relates with extremist statements like his, who basically believe everything sucks and everything they say is right.