Nuclear Artillery

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lord_Doku, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

Think of this: nuclear shells for the arty. Now i know, it would suck since many people(including me) cant aim with the arty, but for those who DO know how to aim with the arty, they can pwn the enemy with the holyness of nuclear power !

Pro's
    very possibly the best thing that could happen to the 1337-ness of the arty
    ultimate devastation
    ultra low pricing by subscribing to EmpiresPal

Con's
    VERY EXPENSIVE and VERY little ammo(for arty, not in general)
    even harder to aim since the shells are waaay heavier
    subscription to EmpiresPal requires chocolate cookie donation of 1 pack a month.

What do you think ?

2. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Err.
    ER and HE arty-cannons are already fine and strong enough. I dont think we need additional weaponry for arties.

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm (smashes head against a brick wall till head cracks)

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLZ DIZZY, SOLOKILLER SHUT THIS THRED IT BURNS!!!!!!

(no offence Doku but try 1.07 HE arty and u will get the jist of what i am saying ^^)

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

We already discussed this in the "Nuclear debate" thread, i'd suggest reading it.
    Angry hilbilly: don't ask for thread locks, we will lock threads when it is necessary. I'm going to keep this thread open for discussion on this topic, but if nothing comes out of it, i will lock it.

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Also, the cons are not the downsides to using the weapons. Your supposed to post the pro's and con's related to how it affects gameplay. The proper cons would be along the lines of "hard to balance, maybe too powerful"

6. Blight

Blight Member

7. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

8. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

They will go back to being "I WIN" tanks.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Arty already has a splash and damage that rivals that of a nuke; add in the rapid fire, and you get a weapon that is more effective then a nuke...

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Nukes are the most ineffective weapons to use really. How many weapons can you hit 10-12 turrets that are lined up and kill them all in a shot or two?

Nukes have no accuracy, for the most part. They shoot in a random direction with a fixed point of origin, and vary vague cone size.

As for artillery with nukes...

Cons:

Super weapon
    to make it strong in comparison to other weapons, they would all have to be nerfed.
    Artillery can already do between 100~200 damage per shot. Turrets have around 200~250 health.
    Artillery cannot be immediately retaliated against. If one shot will almost guarantee the destruction of more than half a buildings HP or of a base, 2 shots with a chance to retaliate would be just unfair.

As far as discussion goes, I don't think there is much that hasn't been said.

An Alternate idea:

Make an artillery shell that does 200 damage, and has a radius of about that of a nuke. but make it unable to pierce armor. This would make it an anti infantry artillery shell. More like a fragmentation shell, like a huge grenade shot out of an artillery cannon.

11. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

Oh I get it. Like paypal :P

BTW answer is no; it's been answered before.

12. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Arties are already the superpowered baserapers that end games, we dont need to make them more of "I WIN" vehicles. Nukes can destroy turret farms, clear out infantry, and overheat and heavily damage tanks to allow your vehicles to go in and take everything else down. Nuke is a support weapon, it cripples a base to open it up for the final blow, it clears the crap away from the CV so someone can go in and run it off a cliff. Its a leafblower for buildings, and should be used as such, maybe modified as such too. It does need more accuracy, mayby some other things. But no nuke arties! HE is already enough to ruin everyone's shit from across the map.

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

We've already had the situation of nuke-like artillery shells, lets not go back to it.

14. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I think that there should be 1.07 avalable and we should all go on there and show what a problem the HE arty was ^^

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

All you need to do is have a server tweak its scripts for a few hours and let people see how much the old arty was overpowered.

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

if a server would like to change the HE arty shell script to do 200 damage with 5000 radius and 9000 force, It would be much appreciated as this discussion would never show up again. ^_^

17. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

1.07 sounds like it was a laugh :p

18. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

But I hate being killed by Arty.. With that annyoing eeeeeee sound it just kills me.

And Hillbilly:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBWi2GL2CTc&feature=related