Not so much crashing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adsum, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adsum

Adsum Guest

I loved this mod when I first had it and wanted to play again w/ur update. Since then I have changed monitors to an LCD that has a smaller refresh rate (75 Hz instead of 85). The problem is everytime I go into the actual game it will lock up for a bit (the sound repeats) and then minimize to desktop. The task manager says its running fine until I go back in, then its not responding. I remember with BF2 I had to manually change a config file to set the start to 75 Hz on refresh. So, I'm wondering if the refresh might be the problem or if someone knows something else.
    I'm trying to get my friends interested in this mod since we used to be huge tribes fans (1st one w/stormbots mod of course).

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I doubt it's a problem with the refresh rate like the Battlefield games. I would recommend trying to run it in a window and see if that works. I don't remember the command line arguments to force it to run in a window off the top of my head though.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

4. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member

I think you / something accidently switches back to windows (happened to me too two times so far while pressing Space to remove a window / pressed a button right after logging onto a server) and the Source Engine takes VERY LONG to maximize again ... depending on your system up to 5 Minutes.
    So it might not be locking up .. it takes AGES.

And oh well i have the stuttering sounds, hanging frames problem all the way. It's a "problem" with the Source engine and your PC being too weak, having a weak link, becoming too hot, etc.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  5. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I dont get any stuttering noise - but as soon as the message of the day window opens for the first time I get thrown back to the desktop. It all works fine on remaximising

6. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Do you have a firewall? If so, is it asking permission for HL2 to access a website (to get the motd)?

7. jambo

jambo Member

my computer sometimes goes to the desktop , then i have to w8 a long time to max it again

but just today ( 25/5/06 ) its started realy playing up, aprox. 2 minits in to a game on "stormed server 1" it goes to desktop and sends an error report
    that half life 2 had to close , now it did mention something about a file , i'll go find what its called and edit it in here

8. Adsum

Adsum Guest

I thought you might be right about it being the fire wall. As it turns out I can join a game just fine, no fire wall comin up, I can run everything on high. Its just when I try to host it boots me to desktop... odd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.