Noob question about plasma MG

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by SnowDrakE, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Firedrill

Firedrill Member

again i have to press the bio-esque point the only con i see is that it nix's bios one and only upside. so a equal upgrade would need to be made for that, or the ratios would need to be comparatively different (plasmas effects 3/4-1/2 that of bio? btw pickled i guess i just dont consider a conductor a weapon, thats where the differences lay between our trains of thought.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Wut firedrill?
    If you're saying plasma does DoT it doesn't. It only does heat and a small bit of damage.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

well it would do dot if we would ever implement the super heat bar. The one that makes your tank take damage when your heat bar is full.

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Just incase heat wasn't retarded enough.

5. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

So what is the total cost of plasma mg research and construction I'll look at some sort of strategy or change for it if I could know.

6. Firedrill

Firedrill Member

no im saying it should in the game, we can keep it in line with the realism of the game by changing the ions to the RF from the ICP type of plasma, and thereby making it a effective tool, and make it harder to research (cost or wait time) to keep bio as the dominate damage over time weapon, Picture a tank in a micro-wave, heats from the outside to inside, and makes metal brittle and fracture, or destroys it over time, the heat it produces is radiant, and even after you quit firing would damage until it cools, so theres my reasoning.

7. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Realism? I'm sorry, but WHAT?

Besides, the heat bar is supposed to damage tanks when full, but apparently they didn't get it working right... sooooo... that sort of idea is there...

8. Empty

Empty Member

Why would we make plasma a DoT weapon when we already have a DoT explosive and MG.

It's niche is in heat.

9. Firedrill

Firedrill Member

because we have he and bio, make it half of each and up the cost. then it'd be great with HE cannon, suck with ranged, and be decent with ML's on heavy and mrk2, still not shit for apc's but a useable alternative to DU and HEMG

10. Empty

Empty Member

Sounds like oh say, another hitscan antitank weapon.
    Hm. Sounds unique.