No More Features

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Let's stop talking about adding new features or changing gameplay. I want to fix the relevant bugs in the bug tracker and release. I don't want to be going on RC 40+. Every new feature or change adds more bugs.

Let's talk about bugs you want fixed.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

its about time you said this lol..

3. Alud0s3

Alud0s3 Member

Yay, the Krenzo has spoken ^^

That's exactly what me and my empires loving frieds think: Release it dammit!

Uhhm, I mean it's ok to fix mayor bugs before releasing but as u said
    Puplic release = more players = more fun ;)

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

All the bugs I've found are reported on mantis, but there's a couple I need to get screenshots of.

What about changing the descriptions for various things in the script files? I could put together some modified ones if you wanted.

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

hmm I just tried to change loadout on a repairstation and it worked, the last time though with rc22, I had built an arty with 2 small ac's, I then forgot to bind it so I asked the commander to drop a repairstation. he dropped it and after I had built it I drove on the repair station (after it was completely built) and I could not change loadout. I'll try and see if I can reproduce it as the coding hasn't changed since that game. But yeh I guess if it turns out to be something random it wouldn't be that important to the final release.

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

Glad to hear this.

Still i'll sometimes make a suggestion, just know that it's not a suggestion for this release, but for some release somewhere in 2008 or so.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Wrong descriptions = bug, adding more precise descriptions = feature. That's when you look at what's really needed and also consider time. (but changes in descriptions can't break anything)

9. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

That´s what my clan said 2 months ago :x!

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

But after 1.08 gets publically released, will we get an awesome period of new feature updates, or will we be going straight for the aircraft release?

11. Silk

Silk Mapper

Probably a load of rc's slowly but steadily introducing aircraft, AND a new feature sometimes.

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Well there are a combination. Some are bloated and time-consuming to read, others are just plain wrong (biological weapons in the chemistry category? Hello?)

As for time, I've already re-written the research tree. I would propose one other change (besides descriptions): "Explosive Shells" -> "High-Explosive Shells". I didn't change it, cause I'm not sure if it'll break other things, but when looking for HE it doesn't exactly stand out. I've also yet to test it out in-game, just to see what it looks like on-screen.

In other news, the engine appendix has been updated to a star rating system. This is what I envisage the in-game descriptions should look like too.

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

All those vehicle stats on the wiki are old before weight and armor changes.

14. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I need pics of where this happens to reproduce it.

15. [MAYDAY]

[MAYDAY] Member

nuff said. :cool:

16. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

"Advanced Coolant Engine:

Heat Management: (2 / 10)"

? How you read those things. I know the when there're more stars the better the engine is but what that number thing means after the heat management?...

Edit: Oh yeah now I remembered it, it's the engine's heat output while moving and its cooling rate.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  17. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I did check the engine stats against the current RC22 script files, and they seemed to match. I can't speak for any other pages though.

18. picard131

picard131 Member

Oh Jesus, say aircraft Krenzo, say aircraft...

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yeah aircraft, this version was for all the new features for the old game, to perfect it before declaring it set in stone and moving on to aircraft.

20. Kuma

Kuma Member

The Planes! The Planes! then rename emp_isle to emp_fantasy_island and have ricardo montalban standing there....with bombers and fighters duking it out over head.....

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007