No HUD option for spectators.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

There are times as a spectator when you consider yourself part of the game: you want to see the tickets, you want to see the minimap.

and there are other times when actually, all you want to do is drift around and watch the beauty of the game unfold, without text and stuff getting in the way. What i'm talking about is a button or ability for spectators to kill the hud and everything on the screen, except for the game.

I know that there is the command sv_drawhud 0 or something similar, but it requires an admin to enable cheats. so is there any way this could (or should) be incorperated into spectator mode? I long for it all the time.

----------------------------------------

getting picky: if absolutely possible, if i was going to be a really snooty spoilt brat asking for everything, i would ask for a menu that appears at the bottom of the screen when you press shift. on the menu is:

HUD
    Chat
    Minimap

each with a check box next to it, so you can mix and match whatever preferences you like

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

This would be a really cool addition, and I'm sure all movie makers would soil themselves in joy

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

HUD: "cl_drawhud 0"
    Map: "emp_map_toggle"
    Death Messages: "hud_deathnotice_time 0"
    Chat Text: "hud_saytext_time 0"

At least one of them requires "sv_cheats 1", probably more than one.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

dizzyone: how do you plan on turning the HUD back on if the menu that closes the HUD is part of the HUD?

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Dizzyone?

I'm assuming Sandbag meant that there would be an auto hide menu, or like something in CSS where you hit Control. Try thinking of solutions instead of only criticisms Killx

6. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Use console. :cool:

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

why think of a solution to a system that seems fine? i put in everything i can think of. its early here.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

awesome!

so how hard will it be to put these into a little easy to use menu (like in counterstrike with the ctrl menu)

also, sv_cheats will have to be removed for them, atleast if they are to be used for spectators.