NF_playermodel pics

Discussion in 'Art' started by TheLiberalElitist, Mar 5, 2011.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I was messing around with the BE and NF player models, and these are some of the idea's I had. i had a female soldier I was working on for the ladies, but she is not finished, since I am creating the whole model, and textures from scratch, well enjoy they should be entertaining at least I hope.

NF rifleman (I need to smooth the mask, and make it look more cloth-like very jagged looking atm)

[​IMG]

NF Scout. If anyone knows how to fix this, but anytime I try to export the hood as an .obj file then import it into XSI from blender I get this weird shading on the hood.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Looking good, could prob use some changes, but I'm not the one to suggest 'em.

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Wrong proportions. (go see gnomon zbrush for char artist, the maya/3ds part) NF gren looks like TF2 demo. All this clothing will look like shit if not simulated by physics engine.

I don't get why you have these things halfway between LP and HP. You have kind of "smoothness" (but not really) but there's no detail. If you wanted to know if proportions/shape/silhouette are fine then you should have went with LP.

Now if you're not a forum whore just wanting his pics to be seen talk to Smithy he'll have remarks. Where is your .max/.mb file?

4. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I don't use 3ds max, I use blender and XSI mod tool

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Then where is it?

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

As MOOtant said, most of that stuff you've tagged on would be static ingame, and look pretty silly, especially if they crouch/prone.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

There are jigglebones but I hvan't checked how it's related to hitboxes.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

boobies?

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

You need a sculpting programm to make a decent infantry model. Its basically imposible nowadays to make one without it.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Except that you do 99% of low poly in Maya/3ds using polys that you then smooth out with subdivs and export to sculpting program.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

You can do everything in Zbrush if you like and his low poly doesnt really seem to be optimized for sculpting programms.