NF vs BE Tanks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rampantandroid, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

OK, so you want to keep LTs I bet. Fine. BUt you know, I am SO FUCKING SICK of the LTs ruining a game in the first few minutes on something like Money.

Worse yet, AFVs are useless.

So here's a suggestion:

Either raise the cost of LTs so incredibly high they can't spam them...

or make it so LTs have an inherent weekness - cooling, and AFVs have an amazing ability to cool without anything like a adv coolant engine.

Otherwise it just leads to REALLY annoying games.

2. davee magee

davee magee Member

has anyone else noticed a serge of new posters who just repeat what other people have said 1 week ago?
    i know ure not a new poster, but i thought id put this here anyway, because your doing what they do :P
    i bet you didnt search :P

but welcome to the game anyway :D

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You can edit the server scripts to do just that, but you'd have to ask the server admin(s).

4. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

...As for reposting....I read the forums (not religiously, and I'd never seen this solution...and look at the first few pages I saw nothing.)

Its just annoying that LTs can ruin a round so easily....

And I imagine you mean fix the cost through the server scripts, no?

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You can change the cost for research, the chassis, the weapons, etc.

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

That's what I love: instead of making AFV better most people want to make NF LTs cost more. Maybe we should make every vehicle cost 10k and everything will be fine? (hint: you can make AFV fire even in close range + AFV in group isn't bad against LT group)

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

AFV's are underestimated, and are only disliked because of their large flanks and low mobility. if anything, i would give them an extra armour slot on each side... but nothing more than that.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

What if we just gave them bigger weapons slots?
    Also, something that big should be able to go a bit faster (cause it can have a bigger engine)

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

A 2-size ML and MG slot seems good if its other characteristics are unaltered.

10. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Before I go altering the prices again on things I want to see how what I've done pans out in 1.08. Once that's apparent I plan on tweaking the prices and moving onto the weighting and armor system. And if the LT is still overpowered I can address it there. From preliminary notes it looks like I'll give the AFV more armor anyway.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Just make ML turrets have a gren kill the LTs and a AFV in the distance to finish them off if the gren dies

its not that hard to kill an LT

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Paper tanks are afraid of any missle; 1 ML; with 1 Grenadier can easily hold off 2 lights... add an entire team full of people running all over the base; hopefully all as gren, and you have something that will shred anything thats not upgraded...

I don't see the problem, AVF's sure they are slow a big hitme sign, but I have seen people take out groups of lights with em...

They are more or less fine now...

13. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

See the ON|e vs JP match.

We handled the NF rush just fine and won the round. No big issue, there armor sucks.

No matter how much a light can move, the armor is still weak.

14. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Actually, it was only one guy in particular that had us really pissed off. Come to think of it, he could take tons of hits without seeming to get too frantic.

15. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

If you put an advanced coolant in an AFV, it would pwn! And dont forget the increased damage upgrade for the rifleman!

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

That's why I wish passenger skills counted toward the vehicle. Then the troop carrying capacity of the afv would be really useful. Increased armour + speed + attack + coolent plus some nice weapons armour and engine would make AFVs somewhat powerful.

17. Simon

Simon Banned

I think this thread was mostly about how light tanks are better than AFVs not how sweet JPL is.

I fail to see how anyone can argue LTs and AFVs are balanced. Especially with the fucked hitboxes, lower speed, and most anoying the higher turret.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

they're meant to be more advanced, so a two slot chaingun, a two slot rocket and some extra armour would bring them up to scratch.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol

i never said anything about JPL.. i have been in pub matchs were i was on BE and killed more LTs then i could count as a gren

the point wasnt JPL is sweet(tho its true)... its the fact that if there rushing then they dont have upgraded armor or engines making it easy to kill them

20. Simon

Simon Banned

NF vs BE tanks. Not vrs grenadiers we already have a thread about that anyway. Not only are LTs>AFV but afvs are about 10x easier to kill as greniader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.