NF vs BE... (Empires Red vs. Blue)

Discussion in 'General' started by jongscx, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

date and server!!???

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Kolntus-Emin Studios will be working on some stuff like this. Add me on STEAM, TNP_KILLX, and I'll send ya an invite to the group so we can start organizing this stuff.

3. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

That clan is dead.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Um, lol. Kolntus-Emin Studios is NOT a clan. It's a creative studio. The dead thing is Kolntus-Emin United.

5. jongscx

jongscx Member

Urg, sorry guys. Got sidetracked with life et al...

Working on getting a server running, see what tools are available, video-wise. I'll get in touch with those who've said they were interested. In the meantime, post ideas for jokes or scripts we can do.

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

There's always the classic: HOW TO GET AMMOS!?

Or the relatively new version: HOW TO GET FIST AMMOS!?

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

emp_recruit: HOW DO I BECOME A TURRET

commander: press and hold the ALT button and the function 4 key at the same time

*shows desk of emp_recruit making the alt+f4 combination*

ingame: quick and obvious non-game effects (written sound effects and cartoony drawn cloud) and emp_recruit's model poofs into the model of a turret

*shows the desktop of emp_recruit again while the game closes itself, and some angry german kid action goes on*

8. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Can I be the obligatory furfag!1?

9. SnakeDFox

SnakeDFox Member

Ill be a part of that it sound badass

10. jongscx

jongscx Member

Well, I just read someone else trying to do this, and it's brought logistics to my attention. This will obviously be difficult to choreograph, much less synch to speech and whatnot, and that in addition to writing a script and editing the film.

Another thing is that I have no experience with this sort of thing, I think when I first suggested it, it was just that... a half-assed suggestion. In addition, I has a new job that will cut into the time that I would've used to do this. (It runs from 3pm to midnight... EST... and I have to sleep to).

So, I will be willing to organize and do backend stuff. Get names, screen voice talent (or recruit whoever's willing...), etc. But I can't commit to a regular schedule.

One idea I have is to separate things, plan them all well in advance, and keep our motion/animation capture at the absolute minimum. This will essentially entail our voice actors working independently to record their individual dialogue, and it will be up to the editor to put all that together. Then, once we have that done, the pupeteers/actors can base their animated actions off of that script.

I doubt we will have facial animation right now... Not having it it worked with RVB... but they had face-masks.

So basically, we need:
    Scriptwriting
    Directing- someone make sure that the players are moving as they should

Voices
    Camera-people/spectators
    Pupeteers/players

Sound Editing
    Video Editing

Personally, I can contribute some scriptwriting, Voice talent, and maybe some video editing.

Who's next to step up?

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Join Kolntus-Emin Studios, we have a fair bit of this stuff in the pipeline. PM for details.