NF medium concept

Discussion in 'Art' started by Varbles, Jul 31, 2016.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

IIRC the turret has its won scale factor in the script sheet, so you can change things around at any time.

2. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Please don't use puu.sh as an image host. It won't even load the image for me.

3. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Got a rudimentary version in game, apart from issues with cannon and turret positioning, it seems to work fine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/a/NmgOM

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

looks great! Looking at the LT I think you could get away with making it a little bit bigger and than go on making a heavy that is just a tad smaller than the NF CV. Imagine driving tanks like that ^^

5. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

It seems a bit large to me. Perhaps its just the perspective of those pictures though...

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

place it right next to a light and take pic from the front looking at them from a handful of steps away as perpendicularly straight as possible and from the top. dont do angles but try to get it as straight as possible this will give a better view of things

besides scale i think it looks awesome, cool 'snowleopard' camo ;)

7. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Or you could just look at the pictures he already took for size comparison. In an application that actually has an orthographic view mode. He could to the same with all of the other tank models if you really want to compare everything.

8. Ranger

Ranger Member

Well the size is okay. None of these tanks has a realistic size, not even NF heavy.

However, I do get the "Light Tank" feel from looking at it. Light tank as in an actual light tank not the NF LT. I mean, It doesn't look like a MBT yet, maybe because no textures idk, or maybe the barrel size.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yes, do that

10. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I think it's mainly the barrel length, not the size.

11. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

That's what she said
    (don't hate me. I couldn't help myself)

Ranger likes this.
  12. complete_

complete_ lamer

it looks so beautiful

its a shame keef only pops in every year because he seems to be the only one who can texture these bad boys right

13. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

I have to ask why protrusion in turret is not behind cannon? It should be there to accommodate main gun's recoiling parts and autoloader.

14. Ranger

Ranger Member

@Mechanic Could be internal, especially if it's unmanned. I'm not sure I can see a bore evacuator. If it is indeed a bore evacuator what I'm seeing, then it's small and could still suggest that it's an unmanned turret.

15. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

Ranger, i didnt understand your comment. "Bore evacuator" - is it a mechanism for removing empty shell casings from turret?
    I thought all vehicles in Empires have unmanned turrets because loader can't manage to reload guns so fast manually and one player can control vehicle movement and shooting at same time.
    Look at top view: there is large compartment behind circular hatch (not a bad thing - maybe there is radio or something), but no space for cannon to recoil.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

isnt it funny how we have 600 tank models yet cant get a single one in the game because noone can actually make them work ingame

w00kie likes this.