NF barracks

Discussion in 'Art' started by SirSnipes, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes, six quads made of two tris apiece.

However often 3d packages separate tris and polys, polys can have any number of sides, but usually they are quads, so a cube will be composed of four quads, which you must mentally double to get tris, or turn on tri counts.

NURBS is something different, it uses bezier splines to form a sort of spline cage rather than actual polygons, it then fills in along the splines to create faces, although no game engine I know of actually supports them, it's kinda like the difference between raster and vector except in 3d, and not actually the same because 3d works in vectors anyway. NURBS is usually used in modelling for rendered animations I think.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

cube = 6 quad, 12 tris - yes :D

7 tris would be like .. uhmm ... a tetrahedron wiht two additional spirte triangles? lol

edit:
    also chirss you maybe want to learn to critizise in a bit less flaming way ... you only disencourage people to improve/encourage people to ignore you because you are very close to flaming them, tho you make some valid points.

3. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

The "let's flame Sirsnipers" thread...

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yeah I'm not sure it's logically possible to make a 7 tri shape, a seven quad poly shape would be Ok though because you can just add two tris onto the quads to create a pair of n-gons, which are however usually a bad idea, generally try to keep everything quadded or tri'd, it's easier to texture and produces a smoother shape. Putting lots of random tris in and making n-gons tends to result in a rather messy model.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no sry, a 7 quad shape is impossible too ... 7 polies would be possible -> pentagonal cylinder :D

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Blah I mean poly, not quad, yes a 7 quad would be impossible.

7. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

can a dev close this, its off topic enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.