NF and BE vehicles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vulkanis, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Currently NF vehicles are these hulking monsters and their counterparts look like their designed by a luxury car company you may say Dude post it in art, but this is gameplay breaking look at the NF medium and the BE medium. The turrets are on completely different planes and if BE mediums get to close then NF mediums can't even shoot them. The BE AFV has the same problem with the NF LT

I recommend we either make the BE vehicles larger or NF vehicles smaller so that ALL vehicles on either sides have these requisites

[ ] THE SAME DIMENSIONS (Width and length)
    [ ] THE SAME TURRET AXIS

Any thoughts, feelings or suggestions to add on to this?

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

now seriously did you notice that on your own? im impressed ... :rolleyes:

3. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

besides the point noone seems have said a word about it on the forums for about (searches forum) ... well a long damn time, and making any form of constructive post since the great dev purge of 2.12 has been a wasted post, might as well post it now.

4. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for your constructive suggestion, now if you can find us modelers, we are happy to implement it.

5. Empty

Empty Member

I like the asymmetry, I hate how it plays out.

Also, no matter what anyone says, LT vs AFV balance was fine. It made NF good at something.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The only thing I say on nf that needs to be fixed are the heavies.

I am used to them because I play nf all the time but they are a huge pain for noobs because when you spin the turret you can't see the hull of the tank which makes you turn in wrong directions and shit.Imagine a game where you can invert the x axis, well thats what its like.

7. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

We could host a modeling contest to replace the NF Medium and Heavy, mabye the Empires community will pop up with some modelers.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  8. Brutos

All modelers we had were stolen by either DI or CT, or are just plain lazy (like PwndYoAss) and are going to be stolen by DI or CT anyway.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

is concept art ok so that any modellers out there who are looking for a project can find it?

10. Brutos

Oh there is also that, we don't have any concept art :)

11. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

yeah go ahead make some concept art.

12. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Suggested this *looks back in notes* last year some time.
    Mayama had some good models for BE, but no one ever came to a consinsis about the style of NF.

Related notes seem to suggest that the current tanks have:
    Multiple redundant parts (BE med has 2 turrets?)
    Something about scaling up, resizing, then scaling again for the NF heavy. Might explain why it has issues

Do we have a set back story that we can use, or are we keeping it open to all suggestions. I am thinking about the level of technology used for the NF tanks.

As long as the models are within say 15 units of each other that will make things a lot more balanced.

13. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

I say their fine you know why because u only have 2 plates of armor on the NF light tank and 3 on the AFV, same thing whit Meds. Since you got a long ass barrel on the BE med that if you get close enough your barrel will come out the other side shooting the other side of armor that is at full capacity, and making you acomplish nothing. Anyone agree

14. flasche

that 2 plates of armor only make LTs subpar if not redundant as soon as DU/HEMG apears on the battlefield. so no, it aint fine imo ...

i still think it would have been a better decision to just let AFVs move their barrel down enough to hit LTs humping their sides, than giving them an additional layer of armor (in the end NF needs at least a slight advantage early on to make up for the fact that BE Heavies > everything)
    but well, we will see how the new research scripts turn out in the end i guess.

15. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Fix the BE dead zone, quick fix to an old problem?

16. flasche

ah right, dead zone, that was the word i was looking for ;)