New Sounds - Out with the Old

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by Donald Trump, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

2. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

I agree. I like this proposal. There's also a bullet 'flyby' folder under sound/physics that seems to be quite nice. Unused right now, though. It would be cool to see some more realism.

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Here's some Bullet Flyby

That would be an AWESOME addition. Maybe make your screen go shellshock like in RO2 if bullets keep landing around you or you are near an explosion. But seriously, we should really get some new sound effects. They are aging heavily and some new ones would be great. Hell... we could even have engine sound different so we could DIFFERENTIATE THEM!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  4. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Would be cool to see some new sounds when hovering/clicking on the default Empires main menu. These would replace the default HL2 ones.

5. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Although Engines are an integral part of vehicle combat they consist of multiple variables, hence it may be difficult to differentiate them... (Insert maths based pun here)

Back on topic; I think new sounds would be great. Especially for bio cannon.

As for separate engine sounds? That'd be a great idea but can you find 6 different engine sounds?