new scout rifle, projectile physics + is

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Avair, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Avair

Avair Member

change the sniper rifle into a scout rifle

give it projectile physics but remove damage drop

give it ironsights that let you adjust for distance (wouldn't actually zoom in though)

2. Razgriz

Razgriz Member

Explain this badly explained proposal

3. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

YAY a customised SMG, JUST what the scout needs - "USLESS CLASS FIXEZD!"

4. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

If the binoculars included a "distance" indicator that would be awesome.
    Right now its really hard to judge distance in game but if the rifle has projectile physics and the binoculars indicated the distance, omg fun :D

Furthermore, a scout and grenadier could work together, scout indicates distance, grenadier sights up, perfect hit every time without the "finding" shots.

5. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

^thats spam

nope i just thought you idea lacked content/unexplained

6. Razgriz

Razgriz Member

I just did it to be a dick. But rendering every bullet might be a bad idea, especially if it gets adopted for machine guns/smgs. Could cause lags on systems without the speed to project the physics for every bullet. But 1 gun, slow fire, sounds allright.

7. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Sarcasm failed, you hit it right on the ball. A customized SMG might fix the scout.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

M1 Carbine fixes the scout, tried it, loved it. Now I just need a model and I'm in bsns

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Making the ranged rifle's bullets arc over range sounds good, but it would be hard to adjust to, and adding a projected arc helper might be a bit hard.

10. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

This also would allow sniping across the whole map because every bullet you shoot first goes up and over all obstacles and then starts to go down and hit its target across a map.

But it is very unlikely that you will get hit by a bullet at the other end of the map.

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Weedy, it's basically a mortar thats smaller and doesn't explode. Can the mortar shoot across the whole map? Nope.

12. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I think to settle the argument about haveing scopes, ALL we have to do is keep the scope but have it do the opposite of what it is ment to makeing targets smaller insted of bigger :p

REASON: The scouts on both teams are noobs and put the scope on the wrong way round :p

There sorted all happy :p :D

13. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

You calling me.. a professional scouter, a noob? you've just earnt a free trial for crapping out of a tube for 5 months, next time you will urinate out a tube for the rest of your life

14. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Yeah I know that but I was thinking how the scout rifle works now, you can kill people across a whole map if you just hit them enough many times. Now if you change bullets to do an arc you can hit people behind obstacles far away too because I would imaginate that the rifle has still enough power to cause bullets to fly in almost straight line for... a few hundered meters or so. (I don't know what units the game uses, inches?)

When you angle your rifle the bullets still have the same power pushing them so I would imaginate that there wouldn't all in sudden come any kind of power loss in the explosion force which makes the bullets fly them and so the bullets could fly quite far away because of the arc and actually land on someone behind an obstacle.

And if the rifle worked very similarly as the mortar I don't see a point at that kind of rifle which can only shoot as far as the mortar can because of big arc.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'd make it more akin to a cannon, and cannons can't because they overshoot except on money where a dual HE heavy can simply pound the enemy base into oblivion.

16. Zombified

Zombified Member

Part of the idea is to give the rifle a adjustable ironsight to accommodate for range drop when firing over long distances. If you give the scout a ranger on the binoculars, how about an ability to attach a distance onto the spotting the scout does for everybody?

I also support the OPs idea. It makes the scout at the same time more fair and more fulfilling.

17. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

it just depends what empires actually wants the scout to be and what role it should fill, right now having a scout/smg1/2 is rather conflicting

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It has the SMG's so its not screwed in combat. The Scout Rifle fills the long range scouting parts, while the SMG is an alternative so they can possibly stand a chance in combat.

19. Zombified

Zombified Member

so you're agreeing with the rifle?

20. Demented

Demented Member

The "ranged" rifle is for sniping.

The SMG is for scouting.

The SMG2 is for spawn-camping whores. (Kidding. I don't see anyone spawn-camp.)