New Idea

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ViroMan, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

^^ I got a suggestion. How about everyone stop trying to spew out so many crappy ideas. :mad: Sure some ideas are good or great but the rest seem to be from people who liked an aspect of another game and want to cut & paste it into this game.

Stop. If you think its a good idea... think it over with yourself first before plastering it here to the wall of shame that used to be know as the suggestion area.

Spewing out a half baked idea here in the suggestion area is more likely then not, to get the idea shot down even if it is a good one. Then a precedence is set for your idea. Next time you or anyone gets it in your head to suggest something like that again, EVEN if you thought it out more, it will probably get shot down citing, your old thread was rejected so this one is too. :headshot:

Im not saying to stop making suggestions but, for gods sake THINK ABOUT THEM WITH YOURSELF BEFORE POSTING THEM HERE DAMN IT!

btw yes I know there are 2 similar threads to this one. :P

F'ing read this!
    Trident's

2. Empty

Empty Member

We've already got a ton of threads about this.
    It's in stickies, and nearly every suggestion thread gets filled with people like you who think Empires is perfect and needs nothing new, and anyone other than a member who's been here like 4 years is inferior, and their input should be disregarded. Don't dismiss an idea because 'it was in NS', it may fit, and the OP might have changed it around to fit empires. If the devs didn't want suggestions, they'd shut down the subforum!

That said, everyone who continually makes threads saying 'See [STUPID WEAPONS] from [OTHER GAME]' and that's all they write, just GTFO.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I think making suggestions at the moment is pointless. I mean they reject it as soon as there's only a little bit modeling or a bit more coding to do. Thats because there are more important things to do first (like aircrafts) and I think it's good this way.
    The problem is that most likely nobody will every read through these thousands of suggestions when everything is finished and when it s time to add something new again.

So only make suggestions if they improve a lot and only need very little work. On the other hand there's testing going on with many new balancing changes, added features and such... maybe these little suggestions won't even fit in the current development version or are already in.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Maybe we should suggest things to do with the newest additions.
    Aircraft.
    We need more weapon/research ideas for aircraft.

Blimps? :D

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Wait with aircraft suggestions until aircraft are ready for beta testing.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Hmm, logic is weird there.

You all say we shouldn't have suggestions for tanks or infantry because [on a whole, the answer is often] they're done for now.

Now we shouldn't suggest stuff for WIP?

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I don't recall ever seeing tanks and infantry suggestions as being passed off for that reason, especially as the research tree is being redone which means tanks and infantry are going to change anyway at some point.

8. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I just excited for the new hud.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Theres always a thread about this every month. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...

No matter how half baked the idea is of the original poster, go the extra mile and convert it into a good coherent one; it's not that hard, just an extra though sparked of by the original post, and what results are some great features, that would not have seen the light of day under normal conditions...

10. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Yeah, if people spark of crappy idea's, people think well what if blah blah blah, they neuture it, teach it to read and watch it grow up, and it ends up being a very nice well balanced feature :D

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

If theres so many sparked crappy ideas, how come there hasn't been a methane explosion yet :confused:

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Becaus there is no way in hell Krenzo will ever look at or even implent the features discussed here...

Squad Auroas actualy started here as "Commander Flags" and sort of evolved, I think megel still wants them in... :p