New Gamemode: Ground War

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Empty, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Research is disabled
    Res is toned down a LOT
    You can only build APCs (they have spawn points enabled) and jeeps
    Infantry scripts get fixed up so they aren't gay.

No weapons on vehicles, basically the whole game turns into a massive infantry ground war with loads of infantry, I'd also probably say engy walls be limited to prevent massive stalemates.

Basically, the early game rush of infantry can be quite fun and I'd like to have a gamemode where we focus on that fun.

It has potential to go badly, true, but it's more an infantry balance concern that infantry wars can stalemate.

2. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Disable jeep or els it will be a slaughter of all the poor fools to try and combat a jeep with a rifle or smg.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Turrets stickies and RPGs bro.

4. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Give the APCs nades.

:3

5. Spooky

Spooky Member

No! Wait! Give the APC's more vespene gas!

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I like, now go off mapping!

7. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

District w/o chokepoints basically?
    Meh... With vechiles so useless there will be fewer incentive to build them thus downplaying the importance of res.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Deal with it.

9. red7204

red7204 Member

I like the idea of this, most games its a rush to get vehicles or tanks and run people over or blast the buildings.

I agree partly with Hexi, but what I think the difference is rather than a linear point by point like urban chaos or shadows it is a sandbox gameplay style, this type of game on canyon or cyclopean would be ok. With apcs spawns that would take away the frustration of running but it also may seem like building barracks less important. But I think it really means that barracks are still crucial for locking down a sector since apcs are so lightly armored they mainly serve as a way to handle the running around the map.

It is what the OP suggested infantry battles with buildings/res points and more sandbox style than linear flag maps. Maybe a boost to ticket numbers for longer battles. I think it would be different, it would not be a rush to get the best tanks like most games are. Only change I would make is limit the apcs to 3 or 5, 10 apcs rolling around is too much.

Rarely does any other game do something like this, most other fps are about capping flags or locking down sectors in a linear manner. Even the Battlefield Series is sand box but still about capping flags with no res/or building anything.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  10. zenarion

zenarion Member

I like it. Someone make maps plz