New Game Type?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Broccoli, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

That would take too long. I have upped the requirement for each capture point to two players though, to discourage ninja's from affecting the game too much. Two gives a nice balance between coordination and player numbers (minimum of 4). I considered making the central one three players. What do people think?

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

3. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

Yeah.. i got some rc3 files on my hd but only a rc2 bsp.... so things must have gone wrong with the distribution of that map.
    Now im downloading the mighty rc3 from a server. But its damn slow. Maybe i will find a dl link in here 8).

Edit:
    Well i dld the map from the server. Cause the mappack linked in this forum was too big in order to get this single map. And there was no link working for the dowload of emp_tictactoe_rc3.
    Well the map is quite dark now. I liked these small white particles in the air very much and now they are gone 8(.
    But well now you have a nice sunset. But it can only be seen from ~10% of the map -_----.
    I will keep rc2 on my server... cant find any argument why i should dropp this version.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

If I can ever get round to hacking some cliffs in, rc4 (final) may be on the way.
    But I hate displacements. Have I ever said that before?

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

this map, imo, needs more direction... more places where you can't go. forcing people to fight together. more chokepoints.

when i played it it was REALLY open and it took ages to get anywhere.

6. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Hooray for sandbag with revive skill! I really hope that this gets done sometime; I just absolutely love the concept of this map. I haven't completely given up hope on this map, *note my sig still has the hypno-toad* and I hope that it gets done sometime. I've become quite the mapper in the time since this came out, and I agree with you about the displacements broccoli. if you want my advice, get it in the basic shape you want, then add the details.

7. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

*BUMP*
    Please Broccoli, send me the .vmf and i'll do all the displacement work you need to hopefully keep this map alive! I seem to have to do a lot of displacement work lately in all of my maps so i've gotten some good practice.

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I'm sure I've released it before, but meh. I've no idea what state it is in; I haven't opened it for months. Feel free to do what you like with it, but I believe people were asking for cliffs.