New game mode (save 10000 resources)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -=SIP=-, Mar 11, 2010.

1. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I'm very confident that 2.25 will be released soon. Therefore I suggest a game mode for the following version.

. Team which saves at first 10000 resources is winner.
    (maybe less resources depending on the map)
    (to prevent endless games resources limit is dropping by time)
    . Command vehicle is indestructible, can't move and act as spawn point.
    . Unlimited tickets
    . Everything else stays the same.
    . Can be played on every current map with commander.

What do you think?
    How this will change the strategy on certain maps?
    And will this game mode make fun or be at least a nice alternation from current game mode?

2. Cloud

Cloud Member

Opponent team surrounds CV with lv 3 Mgs?

3. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Commander can put some walls around him. And depending on the server settings you are invulnerable for some seconds after spawn. Should be enough time to place some walls by yourself.

4. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

What about artillery- and heavy tanks with the possibility of nearby enemy spawnpoint. Build more walls? You will always reach a point where it's impossible to fight back the enemy team.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard you come out with SIP.

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

If you only have your CV as spawn point left, then the enemy will most likely have captured also the rest of the map. Then game play will be like now. No chance to fight back.
    But if the enemy is wasting tanks too fast, the inferior team has still a small chance to reach the resource limit faster and to win.

Ok, you don't like it. But why?
    Maybe because you can't boomtank in this game mode?
    ;)

7. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

This would be good as an Player vs AI game mode. Having to survive so long until you can build $insert_Objective_which_costs_10000_credits_here. Where you have to spend some money to survive against the hordes of incoming AI enemies.

I however cannot see how it should work in an Human vs Human match. Every team would just bunker and fight a little bit over the refs.

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

But why the teams should bunker? You don't get more resources if you only defend main base.
    There will be a fight for every refinery and commander has to decide if he wants an advantage with better tanks or just want to save the resources and hope that infantry and maybe some paper tanks will defend the refineries.

If 2.25 is done you might have time to look at this suggestion again. Should not be too difficult to code.

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I think this is the most likely outcome.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

How about you just add 15000 resources as a win condition to a regular game?

If a team saves up that much resources they are clearly winning, or are clearly saving up - i've had a lot of resources in my time, but that much res can only be held by the winning team. Nukes cost 2000, heavies cost 1500 to research. If a team saves up for 10 minutes and is not losing, then they can make 10000 probably, but they can't make 15000. And after 10 mins, the enemy team will bring the storm. The saving team would have no research with that amount of res, and would be pulverised. So the only viable route to get that win condition is if you've been winning for a long time with all the refs. It would probably inhibit the long drawn out death of a base.

You could draw a flight of bombers flying overhead for the win condition, saying there's enough resources to field crazy amounts of friendly forces and steamroll the game.

Just a thought...not especially good, but could be looked into.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont like the idea, but if you implement something like that, for gods sake make it 10k resources DIFFERENCE :rolleyes:

12. Morbid|Death

Morbid|Death Member

I think that would be somewhat fun, sortof like a Wonder Victory in Civilization.

13. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Yeah, if there was some kind of building that has a huge build time and resource cost... and perhaps shows up on enemy minimap.

So as one victory condition you could save 10K, drop the building, and defend it long enough to be constructed.

Map makers could restrict the building (like restricting research/certain level turrets) so it wouldn't HAVE to be in every map, just available/encouraged on maps that want it.

14. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

If the only way to win is to gather 10k res, how to rush/ninja?oo

15. Empty

Empty Member

This would work if there was a way to steal resources.
    E.G.
    You need to build a 200 res structure which houses 1000 resources.
    If you overfill your current limit (CV gives a free 1000) extra resources are lost.
    If you lose one, and you have say 7600 cash, with a limit of 8000, you lose 600 cash and the building.
    If you get an APC to one of the buildings, the APC loses the ability to shoot and gets a big massive green dollar sign, it's now carrying 1000 res and can be taken back to one of your teams resource bunkers to get that cash back.

If the APC is destroyed, the resources are given back to their original team.

Gogo funtime.

16. OuNin

OuNin Member

In above case, they should just remain where the APC was destroyed, giving the opportunity for both teams to grab it, like a fumble.

@hexi:
    non-commander-based gameplay is kind of the point.

also, you should call it a game-ending super weapon, like a tactical nuke or a weather manipulating device.

17. Qwert

Qwert Member

I could see this working in combination with some way for the commander to 'save' res in a separate stash than what players use to build vehicles. That way you can still hit %high_amount res without all the dumbasses on your team deciding that their heavy is more important than the 1000 res you have saved. In fact, that might be good for a normal game too.:pathetic:

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id say the 10K building should be big and hard to defend, and take a long time to build even if you mass construct it (id say calculate for 4 to 5 engineers dedicated to getting it up)

so the enemy has a prime chance on countering you as you are building it

make the model look like the french grand cannon for BE
    [​IMG]
    and somethin g like this for nf
    [​IMG]

assuming that if its built, the enemy resistance will be shelled to bits, and your team wins by default

19. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

You could just use the existing Aircraft factory model and have a wing of bombers take off from it and blow up the enemy CV.

20. OuNin

OuNin Member

NF needs one. I recommend TWO NF BARRACKS STACKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.