New fgd for level designers

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Solokiller, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I've updated my fgd that i released a while ago to include the new entities and keyvalues. I also fixed a few things in the current fgd, such as emp_infantry_restrict not working.

Download link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/211871183/empires_new_fgd.rar.html

If there are any problems, or missing keyvalues/entities, just tell me, and i'll fix it.

Changes/fixes:
    -Removed "model" option from buildings, this function was only present to display the model in Hammer.
    -Removed non-functional outputs from buildings, outputs were supposed to trigger when the enemy team builds a building, something that can't even happen.
    -Fixed emp_infantry_restrict not working, entity was named incorrectly.
    -Sorted entities by type (Solid and Point types) in the fgd, making it easier to search. Also sorted them by name, and divided point entities to better find specific entities.
    -Removed halflife2.fgd content from the entity list, entities in this fgd do not work in Empires.
    -Added missing entities. Func_ladder is present only as legacy support, and should not be used. Use a func_detail textured with tools/toolsinvisibleladder instead.
    -Changed default setting from turret restriction, turret restriction is now disabled by default.

There may be other changes, but they're probably too small to list.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

thx (filler)

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

What missing entities were added?

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Func_ladder (legacy support), func_train, func_vehicleclip, filter_activator_team, and prop_physics_respawnable. They were already present in the previous version i released, but this one is the latest.

5. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

kewl

<filler>

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

kisses for the effort solo

much thanks