New Displacement Shader

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by AURIFICATIONALIST, Jan 4, 2008.

1. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

I was playing through Episode 2 the other day on commentary mode. Whe I got to a certain part in the caves area, I found a node that explained how they have a new dispalcement shader that fixed alot of the stretch/distortion and even the texture mismatches at the seams of displacement brushes. So, naturally, I was like "This has possible applications in Empires" So after fidgeting with it for a while yesterday, I discovered the true power of this shader.
    [​IMG]
    These displacements are both the exact same shape, size, and are both covered with a texture of the same resoultion, the only difference being that the texture on the right has a texture with thte new shader being used.

If anyone who is better than me at fidgeting with shaders and wants to tackle the task of possibly carrying it over to Empires, feel free to do so. I've tried but I have not succeded, any Ideas?

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

looks interesting

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

One problem with that shader is that I've not found a way to scale it.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that really looks amazing- this will especially help with maps made from heightmaps.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't think the shader wil work, not until the mod moves to the orangebox engine, and we don't know when that is.